Best App experience

Where?
Screenshot...?
I was assuming it'd be as simple as a heart icon on the main now playing screen, like bubble and tidal itself, but it seems not.
It depends where you are. If you go into Qobuz on Material and search for something then the Add is within the track listing

IMG_6419.jpeg

But if you have used DSTM to auto create a playlist and want to save from there then it’s more complex

IMG_6418.jpg

Tap on the cover art and do Show Track info. The top Add to Favourites is the LMS favourites link. Instead scroll down to On Qobuz

IMG_6417.jpg

Then Manage Favourites

IMG_6416.jpeg

Then Add Artist, Album or Track as desired

IMG_6415.jpeg

I'm going to look at a ext4 boot partition and NTFS music partition. Don't know, but we'll see?
I’d still go for a micro SD card for the piCoreplayer image and by all means the Music and LMS cache on a separate drive. That way if the main drive has an issue, you’ll still be able to boot up piCorePlayer. Plus it’s an idea to save an image of the piCorePlayer drive elsewhere (like on your PC) when you have it all set up the way you want it - makes it easier to quickly flash onto another SD card should you need to.

The amount of Linux skill required to set up piCorePlayer is ... in the words of Elvis Costello c 1977 .... less than zero.
YOU LIE!!!!:mad:
I had a bunch of weird stuff! First, the option for player or player/server is very small on the PiCorePlayer main page. I added the drivers for NTFS, but there was a field to enter some value. It took hours to find I just needed to enter "root".

When I finally seen that the USB NTFS test folders are showing on the players, I tried the Material app. On my phone there was a tiny, REALLY TINY logon screen that was erratic with keyboard entry. I never set a logon so I didn't know what to do. I went to my tablet and the same thing, but I zoomed out and seen a "skip" option. After that the app worked like it did when I was using it on my Windows PC as a test LMS. Then when I tried my phone again, it also worked as expected. I'm HAPPY with the progress so far!

lots of little quirks, but I think it will be fine and stable once finished being setup.

Thanks for all of your help!

I’d still go for a micro SD card for the piCoreplayer image and by all means the Music and LMS cache on a separate drive. That way if the main drive has an issue, you’ll still be able to boot up piCorePlayer. Plus it’s an idea to save an image of the piCorePlayer drive elsewhere (like on your PC) when you have it all set up the way you want it - makes it easier to quickly flash onto another SD card should you need to.
good advice.

Or more diplomatically, your experiences somewhat differed ;)
You know I am having a great time learning AND getting results. Sometimes I don't know how to phrase questions to look for answers. And some articles and youtube videos are either too simple and drawn out, or too complex and fast. All in all I got this built and running pretty fast. Still just a mock up, but I know what to do now. I am thankful for all the help I received here!

But since you are going to use an internal SSD with 2 partitions you will need some Linux to get that mounted correctly :)

Where?
Screenshot...?
I was assuming it'd be as simple as a heart icon on the main now playing screen, like bubble and tidal itself, but it seems not.

YOU LIE!!!!:mad:
I had a bunch of weird stuff! First, the option for player or player/server is very small on the PiCorePlayer main page. I added the drivers for NTFS, but there was a field to enter some value. It took hours to find I just needed to enter "root".

When I finally seen that the USB NTFS test folders are showing on the players, I tried the Material app. On my phone there was a tiny, REALLY TINY logon screen that was erratic with keyboard entry. I never set a logon so I didn't know what to do. I went to my tablet and the same thing, but I zoomed out and seen a "skip" option. After that the app worked like it did when I was using it on my Windows PC as a test LMS. Then when I tried my phone again, it also worked as expected. I'm HAPPY with the progress so far!

lots of little quirks, but I think it will be fine and stable once finished being setup.

Thanks for all of your help!

good advice.
Why not format ExFAT, and split difference?
Will work in linux & Windows without Windows getting huffy (or putting those NTFS things in that create trouble for other operating systems). Also doesn't have 2 GB filesize limit and other FAT weaknesses

Why not format ExFAT, and split difference?
Will work in linux & Windows without Windows getting huffy (or putting those NTFS things in that create trouble for other operating systems). Also doesn't have 2 GB filesize limit and other FAT weaknesses
PiCorePlayer is loaded to Ram on each boot. The boot partition therefore needs to be relatively small and separate from the data store anyway.
As @Brantome says the best approach is probably to use an SD for the bootable image and the SSD just for storage

PiCorePlayer is loaded to Ram on each boot. The boot partition therefore needs to be relatively small and separate from the data store anyway.
As @Brantome says the best approach is probably to use an SD for the bootable image and the SSD just for storage
Yeah...I mean format the storage ExFAT...
PiCorePlayer can run from the SD card or if the Pi is setup correctly, it can boot off a USB flash drive
But yeah, I use PiCorePlayer on 3 Pis as Squeezelite clients, I have put LMS on, but have way too many songs for it to handle, so I don't add hard drives to that LMS, just streaming plugins
In fact, I have so many songs, that I use a separate LMS for mp3s, while having lossless stuff on a 2nd LMS
YMMV

PS My Pis are 3B+s

I was doing well and now I am having a problem.

My phone and tablet are asking for a user name and password now. I can sometimes pass that with Next, but not right now. LMS IS running. But it forgets the Media Library Name and the location. On the PiCore page it does say the drive with the music is mounted, and I can select it in LMS, but it forgets it and the info tab says it is Pre-caching Artwork (0 of 974) Running 00:10:25 (never goes past zero).

Other apps (Squeezer) see the library after an LMS reboot, but going back into LMS does what I described above again. The is with a completely new config and my regular Samsung 1Tb USB SSD. The only thing I can think of is the drive is just a bit over 1/2 full. Is that too big? Maybe there are some write permissions somewhere I am missing that was not a problem with the USB drive I initially tested with?

Anyone, any ideas?

Thanks!

I was doing well and now I am having a problem.
Maybe there are some write permissions somewhere I am missing that was not a problem with the USB drive I initially tested with?
I got it sorted out. It was the write permission that was on the LMS page where you mount any of your USB drives. I actually clicked the button for write permissions but it didn't seem to do anything. I did another fresh start, luckily it goes fast now, and this time that button did react after some time. I am *guessing* that the permissions need to be written to each file, so my complete library took more time to change that attribute then my test USB drive.

Back