Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Thank you for your suggestion,but any combination of these settings doesn't improve or even change a bit in my case.
Hi, after you go thru trying these steps, could you also submit a ticket to Wiim and let me know the number and I’ll bring this thread to their attention. Thanks

Sadly, this is generally my experience - I get stutter on all BT headphones linked to the WiiM Pro. There are times when I can get a run of 7-8 minutes with no issue playback and then all of a sudden the stuttering kicks in. Once it starts it won't stop. Pausing and waiting a few seconds can reset things but soon after the stuttering starts again.

Steve

Thank you for your suggestion,but any combination of these settings doesn't improve or even change a bit in my case.

If you have raised a ticket for this, please let me know and I’ll escalate it to WiiM. Again, good troubleshooting :)
Thank you.
A little time has passed, but I have submitted a ticket. 493048

Why does my butt itch when you compliment me? Is my tail trembling? 😁

By the way, the @Shozzer problem feels like an initial defect of the WiiM.

Also, I feel that the distortion that @onix heard is different from mine. He likened it to an FM radio, but what I heard was a noise that accompanies the high frequencies.

Also, based on the testimonials that there were no problems with older devices, there may be another cause. For example, it may only be a problem with devices with high-resolution codecs such as noise cancellation or LDAC. (I've heard similar distortion in LDAC before.)

Although extensive research may be required,
I hope the WiiM team can identify the cause. 😊

I think that the issue (as it affects me), is greater than high resolution codecs. It affects both low end and high end BT devices. The most stable is the Dali Katch which only stutters at the beginning of playback and after a pause it rights itself and plays flawlessly thereafter. Stopping and starting play can cause the issue to resurface.

I am also waiting on tickets raised for a response.

Steve

Thank you.
A little time has passed, but I have submitted a ticket. 493048

Why does my butt itch when you compliment me? Is my tail trembling? 😁

By the way, the @Shozzer problem feels like an initial defect of the WiiM.

Also, I feel that the distortion that @onix heard is different from mine. He likened it to an FM radio, but what I heard was a noise that accompanies the high frequencies.

Also, based on the testimonials that there were no problems with older devices, there may be another cause. For example, it may only be a problem with devices with high-resolution codecs such as noise cancellation or LDAC. (I've heard similar distortion in LDAC before.)

Although extensive research may be required,
I hope the WiiM team can identify the cause. 😊

I anxiously wait for the problem resolution, I have the same problem with my Sony WH-1000MX4 but not with their IEM version

Sony WF-1000XM4​

Thank you very much for the good article! Only question left, why this interference does not happen with other devices except WiiM? I hope to recieve an answer from WiiM...
Are your other devices also connected to wi-fi when you connect to them via Bluetooth ?

Back