Blurry album art from NAS

Fralle

Hi,

I am having trouble with extremely bad quality album art playing from my NAS. NAS is actually a SSD connected directly to my Asus router and then I pretty much followed the instructions in the link below.

I never had this problem using my previous streamer and their native app, Lindemann Limetree. I also tried yesterday using Mcconect and you can se and compare the pictures yourself.

Anyone else hade this problem and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• Wiim.jpg
    Wiim.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Mcconnect.jpg
    Mcconnect.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 24
How do you mean? Like I said all my albums have cover jpg. in each folder and then that exact jpg. is tagged (I guess that's what you mean by embedded right?) to each song using mp3tag.
Yes, included in the file.

My edit was for others experiencing the same issue but who may not have embedded images.

What order do other UPnP servers use to determine which image to display in their index pages?

LMS for example will display an embedded image from the first track of an album where it finds one or if none then folder.jpg or cover.jpg. For file size reasons it’s therefore better not to embed but to create hires folder.jpg. Is this generally the case for other servers? Just interested

What order do other UPnP servers use to determine which image to display in their index pages?

LMS for example will display an embedded image from the first track of an album where it finds one or if none then folder.jpg or cover.jpg. For file size reasons it’s therefore better not to embed but to create hires folder.jpg. Is this generally the case for other servers? Just interested
MinimServer defines many containers (track, group, disc, album) so the rules are quite extensive, but I'd imagine most are similar to what you've described for LMS.

Whilst the rules can get pretty complicated on the back end, all that's sent to the control point is the URL of the image to load (per container).

I never use embedded artwork as I've found external more compatible (and easier to maintain).

Hello. I know my problem is not exactly as per the above, but I am getting bitmapped / fuzzy images on my WiiM app when using it combined with Amazon Music Unlimited app. I use the Amazon app and cast to the WiiM Pro Plus and app to view the file quality. But an album image for example isn’t as clear or sharp / full res as the Amazon a
So my problem is that the Wiim app cannot portray the high res image from the Amazon Music Unlimited app?

So my problem is that the Wiim app cannot portray the high res image from the Amazon Music Unlimited app?
Your problem appears that Amazon Music HD is streaming (and displaying) an image at a smaller size in the Amazon Music App (surely size/resolution optimized for their App). WiiM App playing Amazon Music HD through the Amazon-supplied API has to make due with the same image data, but is displaying it at a larger size (edge-to-edge) on the WiiM App. Amazon, servicing so many millions of users, isn't likely to transmit multiple images at varying resolutions just to satisfy any 3rd-party App that chooses to display at a larger size. WiiM App is surely simply stretching the supplied image rather than expending significant Phone CPU to resize/convolute the image in an attempt to retain a higher resolution for the larger image.

Yes of course. There is a greater difference when using an iPad. An iPhone is closer in size for the two images. Thanks for that

IMG_1516.pngIMG_1517.png

So no follow up here and no answer in the mailbox. Kinda lacking in support really.
Hi Fralle,

Thank you for highlighting this issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. Our Engineering team is addressing this matter right away. Please stay tuned for updates!

How long will right away take?
If WiiM understand what's required, it's actually a relatively large change compared to a lot of the other changes that have been requested from the UPnP side of things e.g. Display track artist not just the first one encountered in the XML.

I'm surprised this isn't affecting the WiiM Amp, or at least other control points using the WiiM Amp as a media server.

This is getting ridiculous really, and no reply to my emails either. Guess I will just have to sell the Wiim then.
Hi Fralle,

Our team is actively addressing this issue. I'll keep you and the community posted when there is a fix available. Please give us a couple of weeks for the fix. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Back