Bug: search album plays something else

Paulr

Just got the app (v2.7.8) on iOS and trying Amazon music, if you go to search , find an album so you get a list of albums. Select one and it plays a random album not the one selected.

yes in the app,
So select Amazon music from music services menu.
Search (top right)
Search for eg pink floyd
Press Amazon music
Press albums
Select dark side of the moon 50th
Plays random album.

Tried about 5 different artist albums and does the same.

I don’t have my amp etc turned on, but if I go thru what you say, I do get the correct album displayed in the search results and on the now playing screen, or are you saying that’s where the music you hear is different from the music displayed?

I’d try deleting and re installing the WiiM app, and unlinking and re linking your Amazon Music account in the WiiM app to see if that helps.

Yeah I’d select an album the correct album will display at the bottom and then quickly change to something random and start playing that.

I’m not seeing that behaviour on my iPad with my WiiM Mini as player. Try the suggestions above (and reboot your WiiM and router for good measure too) and if those actions don’t resolve the issue, submit a ticket to WiiM using the feedback section in the app.

Ah I figured it out after reinstalling the app. Went into Amazon music app and the music I was accessing was Amazon unlimited only. So it was displaying them but couldn’t play so jumped to a random track instead. I didn’t realise my subscription on Amazon didn’t include unlimited tracks.
Guess that could be something the app warns you about.

Ah I figured it out after reinstalling the app. Went into Amazon music app and the music I was accessing was Amazon unlimited only. So it was displaying them but couldn’t play so jumped to a random track instead. I didn’t realise my subscription on Amazon didn’t include unlimited tracks.
Guess that could be something the app warns you about.
The app isn’t aware of what subscription you have with Amazon. Sounds like you don’t actually have a subscription as such but that you’re using the “free” Amazon Music Prime service that comes as part of your Prime membership which is very restricted in how you can play music even though it has the same 100m track catalog as Unlimited - it tends to play “similar tracks” rather than your selection, plus it’s only lossy MP3 not lossless CD/hi res resolution.

You’d need at least the individual (not single device) Amazon Music Unlimited subscription plan to play what you want at lossy resolution.

Back