Buying a 2nd WiiM Pro

Beemer

I'm going to buy a 2nd WiiM Pro. How do I change the WiiM names for identification?

For the line out performance they quote (and you’ll understand it better than me):
  • SNR: 120 dB (A-wt)
  • THD+N (1 kHz): 0.0004% (-108 dB) for 44.1k to 192k
  • FR curve: +/- 0.1 dB
Looks good but details matter as usually.
THD+N would be 20 dB better than Pro, nice result.

It’s good (and maybe brave) of WiiM to ask him to review it given his warts and all review of the Pro - I’m sure he’ll do another thorough job. Let’s hope the Pro Plus addresses the shortcomings he found with the Pro.
it will be necessary to wait for the observation for the num outputs in a relevant way...

Numbers are fine and really significant as long as someone does not overestimate their meaning. High sinad does not guarantee a great sound.

Numbers are fine and really significant as long as someone does not overestimate their meaning. High sinad does not guarantee a great sound.
the problem with mini and pro in analog, it's a significant discrepancy between a form of promise of 192k/24 "decoded".. whereas data of a good 44k/16bits "in theorical quality" has not even been reached...

Most of the numbers touches something well below the audibility level, so it's obvious that how something sounds is more important than how something measures, for almost everyone.

Back