Can’t connect to 2 Echo Studios paired in Stereo

mpacon

I am trying to connect my WiiM to 2 Echo Studios which I paired though the Alexa app to get stereo sound. The problem is that WiiM only detect and connect either the left or the right Echo and not the paired Echo system. Consequently I get only sound out of one of them. Is there a way to solve this ?

I am trying to connect my WiiM to 2 Echo Studios which I paired though the Alexa app to get stereo sound. The problem is that WiiM only detect and connect either the left or the right Echo and not the paired Echo system. Consequently I get only sound out of one of them. Is there a way to solve this ?
Connect two WiiM devices to their respective Echo Studios with optical digital cables and set up linkplay multi-room music for stereo playback. I can't think of any other way. However, I don't know if there is any benefit to doing it..

PS: If you have one WiiM, you can also connect it with a 3.5mm pin to aux mono cable. I don't think there's any benefit to it anyway.

Last edited:
Connect two WiiM devices to their respective Echo Studios with optical digital cables and set up linkplay multi-room music for stereo playback. I can't think of any other way. However, I don't know if there is any benefit to doing it..
Thank you very much for your suggestion but despite the use of a second WiiM device, I wouldn’t be listening to a stereo sound since both Echo Studios would be fed by separate sources not being possible to set them in stereo mode.

Thank you very much for your suggestion but despite the use of a second WiiM device, I wouldn’t be listening to a stereo sound since both Echo Studios would be fed by separate sources not being possible to set them in stereo mode.
I don't think you can output from WiiM to Echo Studio pair in stereo via Alexa. But @Brantome might have a good idea about this. Let's wait a little longer until he wakes up. 😉

In the case of the aforementioned suggestion, after pairing the two WiiMs with Linkplay MRM, And you can output is divided between L and R like this.

IMG_20231030_125619.jpg

I’m unclear what you’re trying to do here and what you mean by trying to “connect” your WiiM to the pair of Echo Studios. Stereo pairing of echos is an Alexa construct to deliver Alexa supported music services - the pair can’t be fed bu any other source.

What exactly are you wishing to achieve?

I’m unclear what you’re trying to do here and what you mean by trying to “connect” your WiiM to the pair of Echo Studios. Stereo pairing of echos is an Alexa construct to deliver Alexa supported music services - the pair can’t be fed bu any other source.

What exactly are you wishing to achieve?
Hi there and thank you for your comments. My intention was to feed my pair of Echo Studios in Stereo configuration by one WiiM linked by Bluetooth to listen to stereo sound. I was thinking that my WiiM could recognize the paired Echo Studios, it does not, it is only able to connect to either one of the two Echos.

I don't think you can output from WiiM to Echo Studio pair in stereo via Alexa. But @Brantome might have a good idea about this. Let's wait a little longer until he wakes up. 😉

In the case of the aforementioned suggestion, after pairing the two WiiMs with Linkplay MRM, And you can output is divided between L and R like this.

View attachment 3083
You are absolutely right, thanks that could work but using 2 WiiM devices was not my preferred solution.

Hi there and thank you for your comments. My intention was to feed my pair of Echo Studios in Stereo configuration by one WiiM linked by Bluetooth to listen to stereo sound. I was thinking that my WiiM could recognize the paired Echo Studios, it does not, it is only able to connect to either one of the two Echos.
When it comes to Bluetooth, physical echos only allow a one to one connection. As I said, an echo stereo pair is an Alexa cloud construct whose audio is delivered from a cloud based Alexa supported streaming service. As a cloud construct, you can’t Bluetooth connect to it.
Best you could do with a WiiM or any other audio source is use a physical cable splitting the left/right signal and feeding each Echo Studio separately via its aux input socket.

Edit: for example, 2 of these to feed from a WiiM Pro/Plus’s RCA L/R outputs, each to an Echo Studio.

If using a WiiM Mini, you’d need to get a 3.5mm stereo to twin 3.5mm mono cable such as this.

Last edited:

PS: If you have one WiiM, you can also connect it with a 3.5mm pin

When it comes to Bluetooth, physical echos only allow a one to one connection. As I said, an echo stereo pair is an Alexa cloud construct whose audio is delivered from a cloud based Alexa supported streaming service. As a cloud construct, you can’t Bluetooth connect to it.
Best you could do with a WiiM or any other audio source is use a physical cable splitting the left/right signal and feeding each Echo Studio separately via its aux input socket.

Edit: for example, 2 of these to feed from a WiiM Pro/Plus’s RCA L/R outputs, each to an Echo Studio.

If using a WiiM Mini, you’d need to get a 3.5mm stereo to twin 3.5mm mono cable such as this.

I guess, I will take it as it is and accept the limitation. Using 2 WiiM to enable stereo sound does not seem worth it. Thank you very much for your advice !.

Back