Can I set-up my Pro Plus without a wifi connection?

jandrews

I have a new Wiim Pro Plus and am currently in a family members home without WIFI.
I would like to use the unit Bluetooth only until I bring it back to my house where I can use it connected to my network.
Can I set the unit up, out of the box, without Wifi now...just to use it as a bluetooth streamer?
I'm able to initiate the pairing via IOS air play but halfway through the process , the app requires me to tell the unit which network is to be used...beyond the one it sends out internally.
I don't want to use a network right now...just stream from my iPhone via bluetooth?
IS this possible?
Thank you
JS

I have done that, and the hotspot signal is not recognized by the Wiim as a network

Believe it or not, this is actually a house with no internet service.
So it may be impossible and I'll have to wait until I get back to my place and set it up properly
I am now having some success using the beta app for OSX on Mac laptop. but I'm not yet able to put the Wiim in bluetooth mode and stream to it.

OK
I have got it working via Airplay using the Mac OS app on my laptop
Currently playing music in a house with no internet service ...so cellular to my phone > Hotspot to my laptop > and then Airplay to the Wiim using the Hotspot signal from my phone as the 'WiFi"
Not ideal, but it's working

Last edited:
Back