Cannot stream using Tidal

Skye

Up until yesterday (Aug. 21) I was able to stream using the Tidal app. both desktop and iOS. Today I can only stream Tidal from the Wiim app. How can I correct this?

Up until yesterday (Aug. 21) I was able to stream using the Tidal app. both desktop and iOS. Today I can only stream Tidal from the Wiim app. How can I correct this?
Skye,

New to using a forum please forgive me if I somehow breach any etiquette. I merely picked you as the closet related comment.

I’m currently connect in the following manner. WIIM Pro, DAC, preAmp. I’m able to stream with the WIIM’s native app by selecting Tidal. I’ve noted users seem to prefer to stream direct from Tidal using the Tidal App because some limitations in WIIM’s app. I was wondering if you could explain how to make this connection.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Odin

You open the Tidal app and music plays you click on the speaker icon to select the Wiim

All was well till yesterday. Using wiim app on ipad and streaming from Tidal & Qobuz.
Today had some network issues so had to reset the routers. Reset wiim and got it on the network.
Had to enter logins for Qobuz and its working fine.
After entering the logins for Tidal - I get the OK, but later a message saying "Returning to Wiim home app". (auth.wiimhome.com)
Tidal on Desktop is logged in fine but cannot see my wiim pro plus. (No wiim option next to speaker icon).

Rebooted wiim / PC / ipad.

All was well till yesterday. Using wiim app on ipad and streaming from Tidal & Qobuz.
Today had some network issues so had to reset the routers. Reset wiim and got it on the network.
Had to enter logins for Qobuz and its working fine.
After entering the logins for Tidal - I get the OK, but later a message saying "Returning to Wiim home app". (auth.wiimhome.com)
Tidal on Desktop is logged in fine but cannot see my wiim pro plus. (No wiim option next to speaker icon).

Rebooted wiim / PC / ipad.
Just came to know that the Tidal subscription purchased from"Best Buy" was cancelled by Best Buy. (Don't know the exact details, but guessing its in violation to some new Tidal policy?)

Just came to know that the Tidal subscription purchased from"Best Buy" was cancelled by Best Buy. (Don't know the exact details, but guessing its in violation to some new Tidal policy?)
Googling a little shows this turning up on a few forums - see this from Roon’s forum. Looks like you should have had an email warning you of this, plus giving to a link to Tidal to get a free month before signing up directly with Tidal

Back