Changing power adaptor to WiiM Mini

Maurizio

Major Contributor
What do you think it happens if I use the Pro's power adapter (5V 2A ) on the Mini ( 5V 1A )?
Could it damage the Mini or not? Somewhere I read, for other devices, that a more powerful power adapter is recommended.
Can anyone answer me?
Thanks in advance

It dose no damage . For switching power supply, nothing problem with higher ampere(A).
Higher volt(V) will damage device.

What do you think it happens if I use the Pro's power adapter (5V 2A ) on the Mini ( 5V 1A )?
Could it damage the Mini or not? Somewhere I read, for other devices, that a more powerful power adapter is recommended.
Can anyone answer me?
Thanks in advance
The shown ratings are the maximum that a given power supply can dispense without problems. Any load that doesn't push the supply over, is safe
The bad name that switching power supply got, is due to massive presence of very crappy pieces of hardware. A switching power supply, can be as good as any good linear power supply.
In this link, a guy tested many and many usb power chargers and goodness not necessarily goes with the brand.
Anyway, anonymous ones, are to be avoided like plague...
From those measures, seems that the iPhone's old charger 5V1A (A1400) is one of the good ones...

Last edited:
Back