Chromecast vs SPDIF auto sensing bug?

workingintro

First off - love the streamer! Finally a great product to replace my raspberry pi streamer.

My Wiim Pro is a pre-amp with TV coming in via SPDIF-In, and streamer outputting via SPDIF-out. With turned on auto sensing of Line In/SPDIF in- it works most of the time but seems to be running into chromecast specific bug?

Auto sensing does not seem to be working when using Google Assistant to cast music to a chromecast device. For example Google Assistant is told to stop music but auto sensing never kicks in no matter how long I wait. And weirder, if you open the Wiim app on phone, there appears to be a "ghost" track playing without any album / sound details. Really strange.

Other methods like normal YouTube music app to Chromecast or Apple Music via airplay 2 seems to work fine with auto sensing.

Has anyone else encountered this?
@WiiM Team

Last edited:
First off - love the streamer! Finally a great product to replace my raspberry pi streamer.

My Wiim Pro is a pre-amp with TV coming in via SPDIF-In, and streamer outputting via SPDIF-out. With turned on auto sensing of Line In/SPDIF in- it works most of the time but seems to be running into chromecast specific bug?

Auto sensing does not seem to be working when using Google Assistant to cast music to a chromecast device. For example Google Assistant is told to stop music but auto sensing never kicks in no matter how long I wait. And weirder, if you open the Wiim app on phone, there appears to be a "ghost" track playing without any album / sound details. Really strange.

Other methods like normal YouTube music app to Chromecast or Apple Music via airplay 2 seems to work fine with auto sensing.

Has anyone else encountered this?
@WiiM Team
Hi there, thanks for reporting this bug to us. We'll reproduce in our lab and fix it shortly. Please stay tuned!

Hi Adias, could you please help elaborate your issue so we can reproduce it in our lab? Thank you!

It happens this way: Initially the streamer is streaming from WiFi and sending out to SPDIF OUT. I stop that steam (usually in the WiiM app) and turn on a TV sending audio to the WiiM Pro SPDIF IN. The steamer should detect the SPDIF IN and start streaming that to the SPDOF OUT. It does not do that. I have to open the WiiM app and manually (in the Browser) select the SPDIF IN input.

It happens this way: Initially the streamer is streaming from WiFi and sending out to SPDIF OUT. I stop that steam (usually in the WiiM app) and turn on a TV sending audio to the WiiM Pro SPDIF IN. The steamer should detect the SPDIF IN and start streaming that to the SPDOF OUT. It does not do that. I have to open the WiiM app and manually (in the Browser) select the SPDIF IN input.
Ok… I had the Standby setting set to Never. Changing it to 30s the port change works fine.

Ok… I had the Standby setting set to Never. Changing it to 30s the port change works fine.
Thanks Adias for your additional information. Now the auto-sensing only happens when the device is in the standby mode. I'll raise this issue with our team and get this fixed. Thank you!

Back