Connection to amplifier and DAC

Because this selection of lists is so tightly integrated with Alexa.
I would be much happier with Amazon Music if they would provide something like Spotify Connect (or the upcoming Qobuz connect) to audio gear manufacturers. But "audiophiles" are definitely not Amazon's target customers...

You already have AlexaCast for Wiim devices which is Amazon Music’s version of those. Enable Alexa access (which is no more than a login to the same account as your Amazon music subscription) in the wiim home app and it’s enabled.

@Brantome:
I know. All my Wiim devices are configured for AlexaCast and working flawlessly. 😉
Just tried to explain why AM app may be slow.
Sorry forgot to tag my post #21 as reply to your post #20.

There are 3 music services that I have never really bothered with - Apple, Amazon and the now defunct Google Play.
I’ve tried them but considered them flawed in one way or another. Mainly the fact they don’t play nicely with LMS.
I’ve also seriously tried Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify and had a dabble with Deezer all of which work really well with LMS.
I had Spotify for quite a while but eventually rejected it due to low quality audio despite its enormous library.
I rejected Tidal more quickly due to lack of HiRes when compared to Qobuz at a very similar price point.
I didn’t get on with Deezer at all.
I settled on Qobuz as it has an ample library and SQ is excellent.

Yes, d6jg, I agree, having done similar research on most of the services: for me, Qobuz and LMS make the best combo for ease of use, comprehensive library, and good sound. Now all we need, with Roon out of the way, is for Wiim to sort out LMS implementation.

I have a similiar configuration. I want to connect a wiim pro plus via digital to a smsl su9 dac and via rca to an integrated amp ( i have two pair of speaker in two different room) is the volume to the digital output fixed or can i regulate it? Can i set the volume in a different way between rca and digital exit?

I have a similiar configuration. I want to connect a wiim pro plus via digital to a smsl su9 dac and via rca to an integrated amp ( i have two pair of speaker in two different room) is the volume to the digital output fixed or can i regulate it? Can i set the volume in a different way between rca and digital exit?
You can only select one output at present

No. One output only.
Native LMS players are SB Touch, SB Classic etc they have all outputs live simultaneously.

So maybe i can but 2 wiim mini.
One connected via digital output to my smsl su9. is there any difference between wiim mini and wiim pro plus connecting directly via digital output?
The other connected via aux to my second, low-quality ampli.
what do you think?

The su9 has two analog outputs that work simutaneously, albeit one is balanced, but you can get adapters.
I effectively do what you want as per my pro2 signature below.

Last edited:
So maybe i can but 2 wiim mini.
One connected via digital output to my smsl su9. is there any difference between wiim mini and wiim pro plus connecting directly via digital output?
The other connected via aux to my second, low-quality ampli.
what do you think?
Objectively, the pro has less jitter than the mini.
My mini used to feed my su9, now a pro does. Could I honestly tell them apart - probably not.

In my opinion, the analog out of both the mini and pro are 'not great'.
I've not heard a pro plus, but by many accounts it's a significant improvement.

If it were me, I'd do what I've already done - pro feeding su9, su9 feeding two systems. ;)
But a mini would do fine too; I put a pro there mostly for ethernet connection in preference to wifi.

Back