Cross platform compatibility

ka07056

How about enabling control of my Yamaha ATS-2090 (another Linkplay enabled product) through the Wiim app so I can stream to my Wiim pro and sounbar simultaneously.

Hi,
I don't own an ATS-2090, can you do that with Alexa multiroom music?

Hi,
While it supports Alexa, I don’t you could add it to an Alexa MRM group, plus looking at its connectivity, I don’t see a way of it playing music at the same time as a WiiM device, unless perhaps you had a second WiiM device bluetoothed to it.

Just because it might have Linkplay modules if some sort, it doesn’t mean its compatible with other Linkplay modules/ devices

While it supports Alexa, I don’t you could add it to an Alexa MRM group, plus looking at its connectivity, I don’t see a way of it playing music at the same time as a WiiM device, unless perhaps you had a second WiiM device bluetoothed to it.

Just because it might have Linkplay modules if some sort, it doesn’t mean its compatible with other Linkplay modules/ devices
I understood, Thank you.
The Yamaha YAS-109 (&YAS-209) uses the Linkplay app, but has previously been updated to support Alexa MRM. It can also be operated with WHA. (although I don't own them)

I understood, Thank you.
The Yamaha YAS-109 (&YAS-209) uses the Linkplay app, but has previously been updated to support Alexa MRM. It can also be operated with WHA. (although I don't own them)
Good to know, thanks. Didn’t see that when I googled. Alexa MRM might be a possibility then :)

Hi,
I suspect I could, but if I do that, will I be able to stream gapless, high quality audio to the Wiim Pro and the Yamaha soundbar?

I don't think so. Up to 16bit/44.1kHz. I think there is a possibility that it will be supported by an update in the future.

I suspect I could, but if I do that, will I be able to stream gapless, high quality audio to the Wiim Pro and the Yamaha soundbar?
Tbh, I hadn’t known about the upgrade @Wiimer mentioned above, but I’d guess you’d need to check with Yamaha. The WiiM Mini, for example, supports Alexa MRM but only at lossy SD quality due to lack of memory, while even with the Pro, due to Amazon constraints I guess, only supports MRM up to 24/48.

I don't think so. Up to 16bit/44.1kHz. I think there is a possibility that it will be supported by an update in the future.
If you’re saying 16/44.1 , that would suggest to me lossy SD. My experience of Alexa MRM with the Pro, Pro Plus and Echo Studio, suggests that Amazon caps MRM at 24/48 but you’ll not find anyone in Amazon who will a) understand the question, or b) admit that publicly.

If you’re saying 16/44.1 , that would suggest to me lossy SD. My experience of Alexa MRM with the Pro, Pro Plus and Echo Studio, suggests that Amazon caps MRM at 24/48 but you’ll not find anyone in Amazon who will a) understand the question, or b) admit that publicly.
Yes, I'm not sure about that, but when I check the MRM on the Pro and Echo in the Alexa app, I see the "HD" icon. 🤔

Screenshot_2023-08-09-19-05-25-939_com.amazon.dee.app-edit.jpg

Do you have a link to the article where it confirms the Yamaha was updated to support Alexa MRM? I’m not aware on many non-echo devices that do so am always interested in finding out about such kit. Thanks

Is this when the Yamaha is in the MRM too? I think we might be at cross purposes …
No, as mentioned above I don't have a Yamaha soundbar. I just talked about MRM with Echo. I don't know if this also applies to soundbars.

Images of the update will be posted later. 🙂

YAS-209 supports MRM in Ver.4.01.

No update information found for ATS-2090, but the latest farm is 5.31. The Japan model is also 5.31. If they are the same model, the ATS-2090 may be MRM compatible, but there is also the possibility of a Japan model-only update.

View attachment 1894
Many thanks, I’ll check that out :)

Here is a screenshot of WHA posted by a friend of mine in my Japan.

If you don't see the ATS-2090 in your device list, the product specifications and firmware may be different.

IMG_20230810_112309.jpg

Back