Cross platform compatibility

ka07056

How about enabling control of my Yamaha ATS-2090 (another Linkplay enabled product) through the Wiim app so I can stream to my Wiim pro and sounbar simultaneously.

Ahhh excellent Wilmer thanks. I will see if I can perform a firmware update on my Yamaha soundbar.

YAS-209 supports MRM in Ver.4.01.

No update information found for ATS-2090, but the latest farm is 5.31. The Japan model is also 5.31. If they are the same model, the ATS-2090 may be MRM compatible, but there is also the possibility of a Japan model-only update.

View attachment 1894
I just updated my ATS-2090 to firmware version 5.31. I don't see it in the WiiM Home app.

I just updated my ATS-2090 to firmware version 5.31. I don't see it in the WiiM Home app.
Did you search for the soundbar by pressing the "+" in the upper right corner of the WiiM app?

WiiM app > Device > "+"

Yes, that is what I did. The WiiM app then says, "Couldn't find device" and asks me to press and hold the play button for 3s until an LED blinks. Unfortunately the soundbar does not have a play button on it.

Yes, that is what I did. The WiiM app then says, "Couldn't find device" and asks me to press and hold the play button for 3s until an LED blinks. Unfortunately the soundbar does not have a play button on it.
If the soundbar is not displayed in WHA even after restarting the soundbar, I think it is not supported.

> I can set it up in an Alexa MRM Speaker group.

Does Alexa MRM produce sound from both the WiiM and the soundbar? If there is no problem, I think that is the only way to do it at present.

Update: I pressed and held down the Alexa button on the Yamaha ATS-2090 and the network light started blinking. On the second try I was able to get the WiiM Home app to identify the sound bar and I can play music from Amazon music through the sound bar.

My only issue now is I still can't synch music on the ATS-2090 sound bar and the WiiM Pro.

Good suggestion Brantome. I can play music through Amazon Music to an Alexa Speaker group but the sound bar and the WiiM Pro are way out of synch. I get the same out of synch issue when I ask Alexa to cast music to the speaker group.

Good suggestion Brantome. I can play music through Amazon Music to an Alexa Speaker group but the sound bar and the WiiM Pro are way out of synch. I get the same out of synch issue when I ask Alexa to cast music to the speaker group.
In the Alexa app, choose the mrm group and then troubleshooting and see if any of the suggestions there work. It might be that re syncing isn’t supported by the Yamaha and/or Wiim in an Alexa MRM.

You might want to raise a ticket with WiiM when you get this issue to see if there’s anything they can see in your logs that might give them a clue as how to improve it

Update: I pressed and held down the Alexa button on the Yamaha ATS-2090 and the network light started blinking. On the second try I was able to get the WiiM Home app to identify the sound bar and I can play music from Amazon music through the sound bar.

My only issue now is I still can't synch music on the ATS-2090 sound bar and the WiiM Pro.

For Linkplay MRM, have you tried automatic or manual syncing in the Wiim app?
(Maybe you've already done it)

In the Alexa app, choose the mrm group and then troubleshooting and see if any of the suggestions there work. It might be that re syncing isn’t supported by the Yamaha and/or Wiim in an Alexa MRM.

You might want to raise a ticket with WiiM when you get this issue to see if there’s anything they can see in your logs that might give them a clue as how to improve it
That did it Brantome! Enjoying synced streaming on WiiM Pro and Soundbar this morning.

Back