Display screen for WiiM pro

What is the "etc" you refer to?
I am only aware of Amazon as a service on WHA that isn't on LMS?
Chromecast, Tidal Connect to WiiM to name two which will display on my hack displays, but not on Material Skin. AirPlay also, but apparently with issues. Local or UPnP files played via the WiiM app.

And additional query about Airplay cover art and track data - it works well on the Chrome extension wiim watcher.
But there is no metadata at all on the Waveshare showing.

I know your waveshare code is older - do you have any ideas about how to adapt the waveshare code to work like the Chrome extension, to get Airplay data and cover art from Wiim Mini ?

Since Chrome extension works well with Airplay i hope it should make it easier to adapt the Waveshare 7" code ? So that even Airplay works as well as Tidal and Spotify on the Waveshare

I'm guessing the adaptation will have to be here below but I'm not sure how to execute (I've tried a few things after looking at popup.js code but they are 2 different language codes I believe, so I'm struggling

My best guess is that AirPlay forces WiiM to host the image. Most methods will return an image URL pointing directly to the host server (Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, your UPnP server, etc). Since the WiiM https server uses a self-signed certificate, it causes issues, which my code very likely doesn't try to work around, since I never encountered the issue. There is probably a workaround to pull it by ignoring certificate errors, but I'll leave it to someone else to fix, as I don't use AirPlay.

Chromecast, Tidal Connect to WiiM to name two which will display on my hack displays, but not on Material Skin. AirPlay also, but apparently with issues. Local or UPnP files played via the WiiM app.
I accept that Tidal Connect is missing but Tidal itself works.
If you mean Chromecast on WiiM as a cast target then you can add Bluetooth and AirPlay as well but I thought you were referring to Music Services.
As you have got WaveShare working are you able to advise does each WiiM device have some kind of Web Server running that generates the now playing info?

I accept that Tidal Connect is missing but Tidal itself works.
If you mean Chromecast on WiiM as a cast target then you can add Bluetooth and AirPlay as well but I thought you were referring to Music Services.
As you have got WaveShare working are you able to advise does each WiiM device have some kind of Web Server running that generates the now playing info?
There are two APIs on each WiiM device; first is the limited https interface that I believe responds with JSON data, the other is the more complete UPnP interface which provides a good deal of metadata via SOAP. Both are easy to use, though the UPnP interface requires an extension to be used from a browser.

The descriptor of the available services is available directly, or using a UPnP browser tool.
http://<MY_WIIM_IP>:49152/description.xml

I cannot get the Google home app to recognise Squeezeplay as a Chromecast device, is there something simple I'm missing?
Not sure I understand.
The Chromecast bridge works the other way - makes Chromecast devices work as SB players

What exactly are you trying to do?

Not sure I understand.
The Chromecast bridge works the other way - makes Chromecast devices work as SB players

What exactly are you trying to do?
I see, I'm trying to get what's playing through Tidal, chromecast to show on my joggler, looks like I misunderstood its purpose:(

You can do that if all of the following

Using Tidal in LMS
Chromecast is an LMS player using Chromecast bridge
The Joggler has Squeezeplay on it and is selected to control the Chromecast LMS player

The original firmware on Joggler includes a Squeezeplay client but many re flash the device with SqueezeOS so it boots directly into SqueezePlay

I can do this in two different ways.
1 simply simultaneously cast sound to the wiim pro and my screen to my chromecast.
2. Cast to the chromecast instead of the wiim. The chromecast is attached to on hdmi audio splitter that sends the sound to my wiim via optical.

1 simply simultaneously cast sound to the wiim pro and my screen to my chromecast.
2. Cast to the chromecast instead of the wiim. The chromecast is attached to on hdmi audio splitter that sends the sound to my wiim via optical.
Lateral thinking
I suppose the caveat is that you may never get more than 24/96?

Lateral thinking
I suppose the caveat is that you may never get more than 24/96?
yeah but I use chromecast to the WIIM anyway because I don't like the sound from the Home app. Ofcourse using a chromecast for streaming isn't ideal SQ wise. I use the chromecast for TV where sound is compressed to hell anyway.

I did actually buy a Chromecast to try this, but my TV is OLED and there they can suffer from screen burn:( but it can be added to a group and displays the now playing.
I bought the o2 joggler to display the what's playing from the wiim, I have squeezeplay oson it but I like to use Tidal from my tablet.
Happy to use chromecast as I cannot discern any audio difference.
It seems like the perfect gadget to accomplish this but I'm just falling short in the tech area:(

You can only do it if you are playing everything through the Squeezelite instance on WiiM (and the Classic)

On its original firmware the Joggler included SqueezePlay but if it has been wiped then you can re flash it to boot directly into SqueezePlayOS

https://birdslikewires.net/squeezeplay-os

I have the firmware on my Joggler, playing music from my NAS on Wiim, ticked off my Wiim in Joggler as player but nothing on the Joggler now playing screen, any ideas?.

Pl
You can only do it if you are playing everything through the Squeezelite instance on WiiM (and the Classic)

On its original firmware the Joggler included SqueezePlay but if it has been wiped then you can re flash it to boot directly into SqueezePlayOS

https://birdslikewires.net/squeezeplay-os

I have the firmware on my Joggler, playing music from my NAS on Wiim, ticked off my Wiim in Joggler as player but nothing on the Joggler now playing screen, any ideas?.
Playing from your NAS isn’t playing LMS using Squeezelite. Have you installed LMS?

Pl

Playing from your NAS isn’t playing LMS using Squeezelite. Have you installed LMS?
Not sure I understand, my music library is stored on my NAS, I have LMS installed on my PC, when I open it up, I am using the Materiel skin, it can see my players Joggler, SB Classic and there is 2 mentions of Wiim but when I click on them, I can pick a song but it does not display on my Joggler.

Update - going to leave it till tomorrow, need to go out now.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand, my music library is stored on my NAS, I have LMS installed on my PC, when I open it up, I am using the Materiel skin, it can see my players Joggler, SB Classic and there is 2 mentions of Wiim but when I click on them, I can pick a song but it does not display on my Joggler.
Set the Joggler as Control Point for the correct WiiM
Keep SqueezePlay open
In Material choose the WiiM and play something.
Can you hear audio?
Does the Joggler show you Now Playing?

There may be 2 if IP has changed or you have connected with both WiFi and Ethernet

Set the Joggler as Control Point for the correct WiiM
Keep SqueezePlay open
In Material choose the WiiM and play something.
Can you hear audio?
Does the Joggler show you Now Playing?

There may be 2 if IP has changed or you have connected with both WiFi and Ethernet
OK, got it on the Joggler now playing screen, don't know how I did it lol, do I need to keep my PC on all the time when doing this, I was hoping I could control it either with the WHA or BubbleuPnP with the PC turned off.

OK, got it on the Joggler now playing screen, don't know how I did it lol, do I need to keep my PC on all the time when doing this, I was hoping I could control it either with the WHA or BubbleuPnP with the PC turned off.
Yes LMS on PC has to be on for this to work.
Have you considered a Raspberry Pi and piCorePlayer to run LMS with files remaining on NAS?
Install Material plugin and control from phone

Yes LMS on PC has to be on for this to work.
Have you considered a Raspberry Pi and piCorePlayer to run LMS with files remaining on NAS?
Install Material plugin and control from phone
OK, I don't want to have my PC on all the time so can only use this some of the time, will look at the Pi combo but will probably just use my Wiim without the Joggler. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

Back