Firmware 4.8.526344

Just got that too :)

Hopefully PEQ will follow soon, but I really want the Squeezelite beta which I understand will be out in a few days…

Yeah, I had the airplay beta, but my request for the airplay/PEQ beta must have been misunderstood - rather than getting the combined beta, I just got a note to say the next version would be available in a day or so and that the squeezelite one will be out by the end of this week. I’ll give it a day or so and chase it up. I may have asked for the PEQ and maybe Squeezelite beta for my Pro Plus so that might not have helped. Will be interesting to see if the Plus gets the update the Pro just got later today…

Does that mean there will be a new WiiM Home app? It says "new App" to be updated in a few days. I hope it is an improvment and it supports LMS.

Does that mean there will be a new WiiM Home app? It says "new App" to be updated in a few days. I hope it is an improvment and it supports LMS.
No, it won’t as yet for LMS - the app update is in reference to the volume limit.

The Squeezelite client beta hasn’t been released yet and it’ll likely go thru a couple of weeks of testing before a public release. I wouldn’t expect the WiiM Home app to change much if at all - just an entry to enable the Squeezelite function, that’s all. You’ll still use the LMS client (material skin or whatever) with your WiiM appearing as a player I.e. just like it does with the UPNPBridge plugin which you’ll no longer need.. At least that’s my understanding of what the Squeezelite implementation will provide.

Last edited:
Hi , just updated to the latest firmware on my WiiM mini and it is now failing to stream! It is powered up and seems to be connected (WiFi). Any advice please?

Hi , just updated to the latest firmware on my WiiM mini and it is now failing to stream! It is powered up and seems to be connected (WiFi). Any advice please?
Try rebooting it under the entry in its device settings menu in the app

Hi Brantome, thank you for your reply……. Just tried rebooting from the device settings as per your suggestion but unfortunately no joy. Don’t know what else to try. Double checked physical connections etc.

Hi Brantome, thank you for your reply……. Just tried rebooting from the device settings as per your suggestion but unfortunately no joy. Don’t know what else to try. Double checked physical connections etc.
Someone else has just reported similar - send a ticket to WiiM under the feedback section in the Wiim home appand hopefully they can advise and provide a remedy.

Someone else has just reported similar - send a ticket to WiiM under the feedback section in the Wiim home appand hopefully they can advise and provide a remedy.
I’ve DM’d WiiM too - hopefully (timezone permitting) they’ll get on it asap.

No, it won’t as yet for LMS - the app update is in reference to the volume limit.

The Squeezelite client beta hasn’t been released yet and it’ll likely go thru a couple of weeks of testing before a public release. I wouldn’t expect the WiiM Home app to change much if at all - just an entry to enable the Squeezelite function, that’s all. You’ll still use the LMS client (material skin or whatever) with your WiiM appearing as a player I.e. just like it does with the UPNPBridge plugin which you’ll no longer need.. At least that’s my understanding of what the Squeezelite implementation will provide.
Hmmm... I didn't get a notification of your reply.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see. Right now my WiiM Home app does not see my LMS library on the same router as before. Just my SSD is plugged into the RaspberryPi LMS instead of the router as before.

Although WiiM doesn't see my library, I can link units to play together and also start/stop play from the WiiM app. The Material Skin app is awesome and if everything worked just as it does now, I would be happy, but I suspect improvements will be made and the experience will be even easier and better.

I'm learning, but a lot of the discussion is alphabet soup to me.:)

I am working on a big project relocating all of my comm equipment and have music playing on 3 devices so I can hear it as I work around different areas of the house and garage.

and... I just got the notification of your reply an hour after you posted it.

Hmmm... I didn't get a notification of your reply.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see. Right now my WiiM Home app does not see my LMS library on the same router as before. Just my SSD is plugged into the RaspberryPi LMS instead of the router as before.

Although WiiM doesn't see my library, I can link units to play together and also start/stop play from the WiiM app. The Material Skin app is awesome and if everything worked just as it does now, I would be happy, but I suspect improvements will be made and the experience will be even easier and better.

I'm learning, but a lot of the discussion is alphabet soup to me.:)

I am working on a big project relocating all of my comm equipment and have music playing on 3 devices so I can hear it as I work around different areas of the house and garage.

and... I just got the notification of your reply an hour after you posted it.
Squeezelite is a game changer

Hoping for this functionality, even if some aren't available

I don't see any AirPlay option on my device after firmware upgrade and reboot sequence. Very strange. Failed firmware upgrade perhaps? Attaching screenshots for illustration. Please advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230816_032406_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_032406_WiiM Home.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230816_034413_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_034413_WiiM Home.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I don't see any AirPlay option on my device after firmware upgrade and reboot sequence. Very strange. Failed firmware upgrade perhaps? Attaching screenshots for illustration. Please advise.
Look under Audio Output. It’s a TX not a RX.

Your are on wrong setting. It should be audio out. You will see it in there or I will eat a crow if you don’t see it. Make sure you’re in latest app as well.

Back