Firmware Updates

Virkon

How does one know when an update is available? Does it do it without us knowing?

Here is my iPhone version. We are close to the same. (I should have noted the first shot was from an iPad)IMG_D1E81C0BF352-1.jpeg

There are two versions - the wiim home app and the wiim mini/pro firmware.
The latter is in the device, settings, speaker info menu.

Last edited:
There are two versions - the wiim home app and the wiim mini/pro fireware.
The latter is in the device, settings, speaker info menu.
Yes thanks Mr Ee I see it now
4.6 439150

Mine has changed to 503249 today without any announcement?

My mini now has a fw build date of 20230101.
The settings menu has a Release Notes option (although the info on that page does seem to be out of date), ans also a Roadmap option, which seems to be kept more up to date.
The latter does show a release was expected 31 dec.
Other threads do lament not being able to control whether or not the wiims update.

Upgrades should be OPT-IN. They should not be installed automatically.

Upgrades should be OPT-IN. They should not be installed automatically.
Tough call that. If support is required I suspect the first step will be asking the user to upgrade to the current version. I think most of us could live with that expectation and remain on a release version that works.

Precisely! If it works with what you have/do, why upgrade and risk new bugs?

My pro upgraded and had a pop up starting what was changed fixed with new firmware.

Hi to all
Until recently if a new firmware was released opening WHA a pop-up jumped out with a rocket image
which warned of the new firmware listing the changes.
I don’t know if it is because now i have 2 devices, Mini & Pro, before i had only the Mini, but i see no more the rocket pop-up.
To see if firmware has changed now i have to tap the gear icon >speaker info and take a look.
This twice, for Pro & Mini. Doing so i know if i have a new firmware, but……..what is new?
To find out I have to go on the web and search the appropriate pages of the Pro & Mini to read what's new in the firmware.
A long and not very comfortable process.
Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
I'd be curious to know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_085917_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_085917_WiiM Home.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 11
small upgrade of wiin home android...
arrived from bbc radios...
(just we don't know the format of many of them, I imagine compressed, which is just announced at 48k16 like my icecast 192k aac radios...not clear..*)
and
"remote"
*only those in mp3 128k are specified

there is still in many cases such as radio streams, a lack of basic information on incoming streams, bit rate and format..
and does not evolve over the months...
access to metadata is one of the obvious poles of possible progress, in a maximum of circumstances, of wiim home
;-)

Last edited:
Back