Gapless playback through Synology Ds216i NAS

Hi,

I just got a wiim pro plus and have it hooked up via ethernet to my Ds216i NAS.
However it doesn't appear to play gapless. If I play the files via the Diskstation browser they play gapless. No such luck via Wiim. I'm testing this with flac files and mp3s of the same song(s). Tested over optical and line-out.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

I’ve had a look at the NAS specs. It’s a very old model.

You are probably accessing a very old DLNA server running on the Synology which doesn’t support gapless and I doubt you can install anything very much better on it. The web player is different software.

Someone will know more about Synology NAS than me and better able to advise.

minimserver works!
Oddly so does the media server as well. Both come up as options now.
Side question - I could've sworn before I started mucking around that the playback in wiim home showed the file extension in the file being played back. Any idea why this would've disappeared?

Thanks!

Never seen a file extension displayed from Media Server afaicr - just tried browsing my DS213j from the Wiim app, and even choosing media server’s folder view, I don’t see file extensions- you shoukdnt really as what it’s showing are the file tags not its name.

Good that it’s now working - I expect you’ll find Minimserver a better solution

Side question - I could've sworn before I started mucking around that the playback in wiim home showed the file extension in the file being played back. Any idea why this would've disappeared?
The WiiM Home App is a little light on features still with regards UPnP browsing, so you might want to try BubbleUPnP if you're on Android, or mconnect if you're on iOS as both will show the file format and resolution on the Now Playing screen.

Back