General question about wiim multiroom

@dewhee:
"just to give a bigger picture: we're talking about an Airbnb, so I want an MRM and give the guest the right to freely and easily play music in the entire home."
Might be worth thinking about a separate WLAN for the MRM depending what other devices might be in your LAN that guests shouldn't have access. 😉

Done!

Two of the four Echo devices are displayed on Spotify connect. I think they will all be displayed over time. Thank you.😉😉😉
As I say, giving them a little nudge by asking “Alexa, Spotify Connect name-of-device-or-group” can help it along :)

thank you guys for all the precious hints!

After I create the MRM on Google home app, I'm able to cast audio by just using Spotify, the problem is that my guests cannot. I think because they also need Google home app in order to see the MRM listed among the devices of Spotify. Am I right? Anyway I'll try to toggle off the "Show local device only"!

just to give a bigger picture: we're talking about an Airbnb, so I want an MRM and give the guest the right to freely and easily play music in the entire home.

As far as I can verify, I could use Spotify connect on phones that didn't have the Google home app installed in the same way. However, the phone's Google account was identical to the Google home and Spotify accounts. I haven't tried it on the guest account.

I think Bluetooth is the right one for your purpose. Have your WiiM device and active speaker in each room and set up MRM for the Wiim app. If you send music from your guest's mobile phone to the WiiM via Bluetooth, music will be played from all WiiMs. Guests can use their preferred streaming service.

However, only the caretaker (you) can turn MRM on and off and select a room.

As far as I can verify, I could use Spotify connect on phones that didn't have the Google home app installed in the same way. However, the phone's Google account was identical to the Google home and Spotify accounts. I haven't tried it on the guest account.

I think Bluetooth is the right one for your purpose. Have your WiiM device and active speaker in each room and set up MRM for the Wiim app. If you send music from your guest's mobile phone to the WiiM via Bluetooth, music will be played from all WiiMs. Guests can use their preferred streaming service.

However, only the caretaker (you) can turn MRM on and off and select a room.
Yeah, you’d then need a Wiim and speaker/stereo in each room.

Given that your Wiim devices aren’t registered to an account unlike echos, I’d be wary of leaving them in an Airbnb - clients could just take/ steal them to use on their own systems.

thank you so much guys! I think I have now a much more clear idea about what I will/can do. I'll keep you posted about the final solution, it could be useful for someone else :)

As Mr Ee says, you need one WiiM per active speaker pair.

If you have Echo speakers(or Google home speakers), you can pairing them with WiiM to configure a multiroom.

However, I don't think you can use Spotify connect with MRM with Echo speakers. Google home might be able to, but I don't know.

I believe that you can have a WiiM control four speakers if it's connected to an amp that supports four speakers (A+B). So you could have your WiiM #1 + amp #1 + 4 speakers and WiiM #2 + amp #2 + 4 speakers, etc. So it's not one WiiM for a speaker pair, rather one WiiM per amp or preamp. Am I correct assuming this?

I believe that you can have a WiiM control four speakers if it's connected to an amp that supports four speakers (A+B). So you could have your WiiM #1 + amp #1 + 4 speakers and WiiM #2 + amp #2 + 4 speakers, etc. So it's not one WiiM for a speaker pair, rather one WiiM per amp or preamp. Am I correct assuming this?
Yes 🙂
I use the zone function of the AVR and it is already running on 4 speakers. 2 speakers are in separate rooms. However, the disadvantage in this case is that you need to route long speaker cables in a presentable way.

Back