Grouping Mini's Together

imfloridaguy

I know that I can connect to a device and then link it to another, such as Bedroom and Livingroom, but I'd like to have a persistent group. For example, I have two sets of pool speakers. So I could would create a group that links them both together, like "poolside". Or perhaps Master Bath and Master Bedroom, which might be "Master". Or even all 4 of my Mini's in a collection, set to "ALL".
The point would be to have the groups be persistent in the app, so when I log in, they appear as a unique device. No more selecting one, and then linking to the others each time.
I'm pretty sure Chromecast does this now but would love to see in the Wiim devices.
And of course, if I'm missing it and it can be done now, please let me know!

I know that I can connect to a device and then link it to another, such as Bedroom and Livingroom, but I'd like to have a persistent group. For example, I have two sets of pool speakers. So I could would create a group that links them both together, like "poolside". Or perhaps Master Bath and Master Bedroom, which might be "Master". Or even all 4 of my Mini's in a collection, set to "ALL".
The point would be to have the groups be persistent in the app, so when I log in, they appear as a unique device. No more selecting one, and then linking to the others each time.
I'm pretty sure Chromecast does this now but would love to see in the Wiim devices.
And of course, if I'm missing it and it can be done now, please let me know!

This is one reason I prefer casting from the Amazon Music App as you can create your speaker groups in there.

My x-mas wish as well.
I would like to access the group or individual speakers from the Spotify app.

My x-mas wish as well.
I would like to access the group or individual speakers from the Spotify app.

I can certainly see the WiiM's to cast to from Spotify on a PC, I can also see groups although they would have been set up via Alexa.
If that's something you really want to do and there's no other way maybe buy yourself 1 Echo Dot and sign up to Amazon if you don't already and just use it to creat the groups you want.

I can certainly see the WiiM's to cast to from Spotify on a PC, I can also see groups although they would have been set up via Alexa.
If that's something you really want to do and there's no other way maybe buy yourself 1 Echo Dot and sign up to Amazon if you don't already and just use it to creat the groups you want.
Thanks, great idea to go via Alexa! Setup worked even without an Echo Dot (just using the Alexa app). You made my day! (y)

You don’t need an echo to use Alexa, the Alexa app on its own suffices

Thanks, great idea to go via Alexa! Setup worked even without an Echo Dot (just using the Alexa app). You made my day! (y)

As I hit post reply I wondered if it'd work with just the App but as I had a Dot from day one wasn't sure .... glad you got it working :)

Back