high frequency clicks when switching to the next track

Alexandr_2023

When my Wiim Pro is connected via spdf or coaxial, a click is heard when switching to the next track. If you connect via RCA to active acoustics, then there is no such problem! Has anyone encountered such a problem?

It's your DAC dealing with what's being fed to it. There could be a change in bitrate, or the content provider is interrupting the stream between tracks, triggering the DAC to soft reset. In the latest app and firmware updates, WiiM has released a -- poorly-documented, it must be said -- feature that suggests it may be designed to help with this in certain situations, but I have seen no reports from people who've experimented with it.

It's your DAC dealing with what's being fed to it. There could be a change in bitrate, or the content provider is interrupting the stream between tracks, triggering the DAC to soft reset. In the latest app and firmware updates, WiiM has released a -- poorly-documented, it must be said -- feature that suggests it may be designed to help with this in certain situations, but I have seen no reports from people who've experimented with it.
and how to deal with it? Will buying a good DAC solve the problem?

Last edited:
Today I noticed this: if I stream music from the original Tidal app using Tidal Connect, there is no click when switching tracks. When using Qobuz and streaming via Airplay, there are no clicks either, but if you cast Qobuz via Chromecast, there are clicks again when you switch.

Today I noticed this: if I stream music from the original Tidal app using Tidal Connect, there is no click when switching tracks. When using Qobuz and streaming via Airplay, there are no clicks either, but if you cast Qobuz via Chromecast, there are clicks again when you switch.
Maybe was Tidal hifi tier? If so, stream is always at 44.1 and also with airplay it's used always same frequency.
Probably noises are due to frequency change.
If helps, I can just say that two models of SMSL dac's: 100mk2 and DO100 are free from such noises, at any frequency change.

WiiM doesn't turn off/on the output when sample rate doesn't change and when using Tidal Connect. Unfortunately it does happen when some other playback method are used.

Back