Home music share not playing after latest upgrade.

PeterK

Music from my music share on my PC has stopped working after last week's upgrade to my WiiM Pro . It was working fine before, but now even though the WiiM app sees all my music and appears to be playing what is selected there is no sound at all. Other streaming sources are all working OK but not local music shares.

Have rebooted the WiiM Pro, checked all the connections etc. but there is no sound. The day before the upgrade it worked perfectly. Nothing else has changed.

Hi, I have also a DLNA problem. I use Firestream on my Mac as a DLNA server. So far it has worked perfectly. Since the last firmware update, the WiiM home app still finds my DLNA server but no files anymore . Strange, if I change the source from Ethernet to, for example, Optical input and then back to Ethernet, the files are found, 5 minutes later they have disappeared again and I have to do the same trick. Playback works perfectly. I think a bug has crept into the firmware? I opened already a ticket.

Have rebooted the WiiM Pro, checked all the connections etc. but there is no sound. The day before the upgrade it worked perfectly. Nothing else has changed.
I'm on firmware 4.8.539349, Android WHA 2.7.6.231222.5610d6 and have just tested using Windows Media Sharing and everything seems to be working for me playing over Optical.
Have you tried using another control point to play to the WiiM, something like BubbleUPnP or mconnect?

I've just tried MinimServer, Windows Media Sharing and MiniDLNA and they're all working.

Last edited:
Hi, I have also a DLNA problem. I use Firestream on my Mac as a DLNA server. So far it has worked perfectly. Since the last firmware update, the WiiM home app still finds my DLNA server but no files anymore . Strange, if I change the source from Ethernet to, for example, Optical input and then back to Ethernet, the files are found, 5 minutes later they have disappeared again and I have to do the same trick. Playback works perfectly. I think a bug has crept into the firmware? I opened already a ticket.
Discovery issues like this shouldn't be impacted by firmware updates as it's the responsibility of the app to discover servers and browse their contents (at least in traditional UPnP it is). Switching the WiiM's source likely triggers a UPnP discovery which is why the server appears again.

To confirm that it's not server related could you try using the mconnect app. If mconnect is stable then it's likely a WiiM Home app problem - unless there's some strange interaction between the app and hardware that doesn't happen in UPnP.

Last edited:
Discovery issues like this shouldn't be impacted by firmware updates as it's the responsibility of the app to discover servers and browse their contents (at least in traditional UPnP it is). Switching the WiiM's source likely triggers a UPnP discovery which is why the server appears again.

To confirm that it's not server related could you try using the mconnect app. If mconnect is stable then it's likely a WiiM Home app problem - unless there's some strange interaction between the app and hardware that doesn't happen in UPnP.
Both the App and the firmware had an update. It could certainly also be the app. I did the test with "mconnect" and it always find my files. We will wait for a fix/update. Just toggle the audio source every time is for me a workaround :) . Thank you.

Back