How to set up my own music files from my PC?

musicguru999

Hi: I am trying to"share" my music files from my PC thru my Wiim Pro....so far no luck?I am sure this has been asked before but any idea's how to do this as will be a deal breaker as my Nvidia Shield pro thru plex works just fine!!Again sorry :(if already been asked!:)

Windows Media Sharing incorrectly orders the track listing of multi-disc albums (although it may currently look correct in the WHA but that's because of a bug) so it might be better to look at an alternative. There was a post here about it.

Hi: I am trying to"share" my music files from my PC thru my Wiim Pro....so far no luck?I am sure this has been asked before but any idea's how to do this as will be a deal breaker as my Nvidia Shield pro thru plex works just fine!!Again sorry :(if already been asked!:)
Install either Emby or Plex on your PC. Go into settings and enable DLNA.
They will then show up when you browse your home media library

Have you set up Windows Media Sharing as per this and other links? https://pureinfotech.com/turn-pc-dlna-media-server-windows-10/

If so, if you select Home Music Share on the WiiM Home app Browse page, you should be able to select your PC media share and navigate to the music you wish to play.
Hi - I'm completely new to WiiM and am only just setting it up. I've followed the steps above but when I browse Home Music Share > Media Library Name > Music > Album Artists from the WiiM app I get no results returned. Am I missing a step?

Hi - I'm completely new to WiiM and am only just setting it up. I've followed the steps above but when I browse Home Music Share > Media Library Name > Music > Album Artists from the WiiM app I get no results returned. Am I missing a step?
Windows Media Sharing has some pretty big flaws (search and multi-disc track ordering), so whilst it should be possible to get it working, you're better off using something like MinimServer.

Back