Instructions needed for multi room setup with 1 wiim mini

Saumon

Hi, could anyone point me to instructions on how to connect the Wiim Amp to a wiim mini and have the mini play sound synchronously to a Bluetooth speaker?

I can't find them and I can't get it to work. I get sound over the passive speakers Or on the Bluetooth speaker, but not both.

Also, I cannot connect the Wiim Mini to the Bluetooth speaker. It doesn't 'see' it.

Thanks!

Try this: put your Bluetooth speaker into pairing mode, then in the WiiM Home app devices screen, first choose the WiiM Mini, then its settings cog, audio output, Bluetooth and select your Bluetooth speaker. On thé WiiM app devices screen, choose the WiiM amp then the chain link on its display. Select the WiiM Mini on the next page to put both in a group. Now what you select should play on your amp speakers and the Bluetooth speaker connected to the mini.

Edit: note that you can only select one output destination at a time on a WiiM device i.e. the Mini will only play to the Bluetooth speaker in the above setup, not also to the device it’s normally connected to.

Try this: put your Bluetooth speaker into pairing mode, then in the WiiM Home app devices screen, first choose the WiiM Mini, then its settings cog, audio output, Bluetooth and select your Bluetooth speaker. On thé WiiM app devices screen, choose the WiiM amp then the chain link on its display. Select the WiiM Mini on the next page to put both in a group. Now what you select should play on your amp speakers and the Bluetooth speaker connected to the mini.

Edit: note that you can only select one output destination at a time on a WiiM device i.e. the Mini will only play to the Bluetooth speaker in the above setup, not also to the device it’s normally connected to.
Thank you! Yes, you are right, it is either the bluetooth speaker or the passive speakers that's playing unless you connect the Wiim mini to a (bluetooth) speaker with a cable. I was confused, because i was advised to buy a Soundcore 3 speaker by someone who has the same setup. It turns out he has a Soundcore 2 that still has an aux input. The 3 doesn't anymore.
So I now know how it will work, I just need a different speaker.
Thanks for replying!

Not sure where a cable needs to come into it to be honest. i presume your “passive speakers” are connected to your amp, and that the Mini is really just being a conduit to the bluetooth speaker and can send audio to that Bluetooth speaker either by Bluetooth or by cable from its line socket.

Back