Is LMS kinda ropey in general or is it a Roon thing?

hashkey

I've just got my WiiM amps and while I'm waiting for Roon Ready certification, I'm using squeezelite. I've noticed, though, that compared to other sources, it's pretty ropey.
The Wiim remote won't pause tracks, volume control is all over the place, and a few minutes after turning the amp to standby with the remote, I've just had it start playing again for no discernible reason.
I'm unsure if the fault lies with the WiiM or the LMS implementation on Roon- thoughts?

Could you try them as ChromeCast endpoints and see if they perform any better?
They do perform as Chromecast endpoints- I'd avoided CC for a few reasons-

I thought I'd heard Roon could no longer send gapless to CC (doesn't seem to be the case).
CC Endpoints can't be grouped within Roon.
CC is limited to 96kHz and the difference between 96 and 192 is like night and day to me 😜

Overall I have to say that Chromecast is a much better experience until Roon Ready comes along.

Could you group the devices in the Google home app and would Roon be able to see the group?

Also, does Roon cap CC at 24/96 since WiiM devices support it up to 24/192?

Really pleased to hear that you’re one of the select band that can lift that veil that separates 24/96 and 24/192 🤣🤣

Could you group the devices in the Google home app and would Roon be able to see the group?

Also, does Roon cap CC at 24/96 since WiiM devices support it up to 24/192?

Really pleased to hear that you’re one of the select band that can lift that veil that separates 24/96 and 24/192 🤣🤣
The grouping thing is one area where the Chromecast UI leaves a lot to be desired IMO- it does work but it's not exactly straightforward to swap endpoints in and out.

As far as I can tell, Roon does cap at 96 - is that not a limitation of the CC protocol?

In any case, the amp is a fantastic piece of kit. Thanks for your input..

As far as I can tell, Roon does cap at 96 - is that not a limitation of the CC protocol?
More likely CC audio devices. WiiM supports ChromeCast up to 24/192

Edit: having said that, Qobuz does cap it at 24/96 too because of potential stability issues at higher resolutions.

Back