Is WiiM a renderer for Qobuz?

6stringbeat

I haven’t been able to find anything concrete on exactly how WiiM hosts Qobuz. Is the WiiM Pro Plus a renderer to which the Qobuz signal is being sent to by the ios device? Or does the WiiM host a direct connection to the Qobuz server and allow the ios device to control it? In other words, does the signal have to originate from the ios device and be sent to the WiiM, or does the WiiM connect to the Qobuz server directly?

The latter. WHA is like a remote control
Does that mean that any ios device with the WiiM app installed can control the music? By control, I mean, pause, skip, browse to something else and play it and then all other devices will show the new selection?

Does that mean that any ios device with the WiiM app installed can control the music? By control, I mean, pause, skip, browse to something else and play it and then all other devices will show the new selection?
Like it works in Sonos?

No idea about Sonos but yes WHA is controller only. Play, Pause etc

Yes

Not sure this is the thread to ask this, but with Qobuz isn't playing full resolution (i.e. 24/96) on selected tracks, whereas Amazon HD will. This is using the WiiM app directly, not using Airplay.

The WiiM Home app will stream Qobuz at up to 24/192. Are you saying that 24/96 Qobuz content is playing at a lower resolution on the WiiM app? Have you checked the max rate settings for Qobuz and the Pro in the app?

Last edited:
The WiiM Home app will stream Qobuz at up to 24/192. Are you saying that 24/96 Qobuz content is playing at a lower resolution on the WiiM app? Have you checked the max rate settings for Qobuz in the app?
Thanks, I found the solution within the Qobuz selection in the WiiM app itself. There are three horizontal bars once choosing Qobuz and there is a setting for streaming resolution that can be made. I subsequently had deleted my post that you responded to as I had found the solution but thank you for replying.

Back