Landscape Android tablet

piloux59

hello, today's update was not supposed to add rotation on Android tablets? it still doesn't work for me

The dates in the roadmap are merely targets and actual implementation dates can vary quite a bit. Wait till you see a firmware or app update and check their release notes to see if a new feature has been introduced.

@WiiM Support Any update on when landscape mode for android tablets will be available? This is a really important feature for many users who are hoping to use a dedicated tablet for audio system control...

@WiiM Support Any update on when landscape mode for android tablets will be available? This is a really important feature for many users who are hoping to use a dedicated tablet for audio system control.
@WiiM Support Any update on when landscape mode for android tablets will be available? This is a really important feature for many users who are hoping to use a dedicated tablet for audio system control...
The dates in the roadmap are merely targets and actual implementation dates can vary quite a bit. Wait till you see a firmware or app update and check their release notes to see if a new feature has been introduced.
Any news on tablet landscape mode yet..? Still waiting eagerly for this to be released!

It does not work with my tablet Samsung 10 inches. It's not easy to use Wiim Home when you are browsing the internet in landscape position, you must turn the tablet each time you want to change songs, albums or playlists on Wiim Home.
This is the first improvement I would like.

Last edited:
Does NOT work on my Lenovo Tab TB-X606F. Sure do wish that it DID!
BUT, the longer you make us WAIT for this simple request, the more you are training us to just use the user interface of Spotify, Pandora, etc. INSTEAD OF using WiiM Home. AND I Don't Think THAT is really what you want, IS IT?
https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2023/07/introducing-new-play-store-for-large-screens.html
and
I think you may find that users prefer using the feature rich interfaces offered by the streaming services‘ own apps and using protocols like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect and Amazon Music to cast to their WiiM device rather than via third party apps like WiiM which have to use a restricted API.

I think you may find that users prefer using the feature rich interfaces offered by the streaming services‘ own apps and using protocols like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect and Amazon Music to cast to their WiiM device rather than via third party apps like WiiM which have to use a restricted API.
So you recommend using the affiliated services native apps over the WiiM Home App of the hardware?!
That would seem to negate one of the main claimed product features of the hardware, a unified user interface.
But NOW that UI seems to be becoming less functional with each passing day.
I didn't buy my WiiM Pro for Roon BUT they MAY just sell me on it anyway.
Is this the official view of ALL the WiiM moderators?

So you recommend using the affiliated services native apps over the WiiM Home App of the hardware?!
That would seem to negate one of the main claimed product features of the hardware, a unified user interface.
But NOW that UI seems to be becoming less functional with each passing day.
I didn't buy my WiiM Pro for Roon BUT they MAY just sell me on it anyway.
Is this the official view of ALL the WiiM moderators?
While I'm a moderator, I am not affiliated with WiiM and therefore don't have an 'official view', just an opinion in common with many other experienced users in the forum.

And while the WiiM product description does include a reference to accessing all your music in one place, it also makes great play of the fact that it supports a range of casting technologies such as Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect and Amazon Music AlexaCast, as well as Airplay 2, ChromeCast and Roon Readiness which allow you to use your preferred native app to send audio to your WiiM device.

Experience tells me, and others, that it's really not feasible to have a full, feature rich single unified user interface for all services as those services do not provide third party APIs with the necessary level of access to mirror what the native apps do.

While I'm a moderator, I am not affiliated with WiiM and therefore don't have an 'official view', just an opinion in common with many other experienced users in the forum.

And while the WiiM product description does include a reference to accessing all your music in one place, it also makes great play of the fact that it supports a range of casting technologies such as Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect and Amazon Music AlexaCast, as well as Airplay 2, ChromeCast and Roon Readiness which allow you to use your preferred native app to send audio to your WiiM device.

Experience tells me, and others, that it's really not feasible to have a full, feature rich single unified user interface for all services as those services do not provide third party APIs with the necessary level of access to mirror what the native apps do.
Hello,
I am a subscribed user of Qobuz via a Androïd tablet. The Qobuz app allows the landscape position but is limited by the Chromecast protocol to 24/96. Bubbleupnp and MConnect apps need to be purchased. What these apps offer, why couldn't Wiim Home? You seem to think it's secondary but for me and others it's more important than USB in my daily use. Everyone has their own needs and must be allowed to share.

Hello,
I am a subscribed user of Qobuz via a Androïd tablet. The Qobuz app allows the landscape position but is limited by the Chromecast protocol to 24/96. Bubbleupnp and MConnect apps need to be purchased. What these apps offer, why couldn't Wiim Home? You seem to think it's secondary but for me and others it's more important than USB in my daily use. Everyone has their own needs and must be allowed to share.
The WiiM Home app has had recent enhancements to its Qobuz interface and may well have further enhancements down the line, and indeed already supports landscape on its iPad app for Qobuz. Far from suggesting it was secondary, I was merely pointing out that what the major streaming apps have been doing has been to add features to their native apps and not keep pace with adding those features to the third party interfaces that companies like WiiM have at their disposal. Indeed, Qobuz themselves have been developing their own casting mechanism (Qobuz Connect) which is expected to see the light of day at the end of this year or start of next.

(also, as an aside, it's not the ChromeCast protocol itself that limits Qobuz to 24/96, it's Qobuz themselves as I reported in this forum a good while ago. The WiiM Pro is capable of supporting 24/196 over Chromecast)

Hello,
C’mon. Bubble only cost 4 € for a lifetime license !!! Don’t seems to be a robbery ;)
And with Bubble you will have Qobuz at 24/196. I can confirm because is my scenario

Both, my wife's Samsung S8 with Android as also my iPad with iOS work perfect with the WiiM home app and Qobuz without any limitation. Why does anyone need Chromecast, Bubble or McConnect? And if one wants to use it for any reason one has to live with eventual limitations. And if he wants the full version of this apps one has to pay these few Euros.

Last edited:
Back