Lead for Pro Plus coaxial out to Mojo Chord coaxial in.

richardb

Any recommendations for a digital coaxial lead to connect my Pro Plus to Chord Mojo. I am just starting out in audio and stupidly assumed both male plugs would be the same size. I have them linked optically for the present, and the DAC is still charging, so I've not had chance to play around, but I'd like to try the coax too.

I just happen to use a Chord C cable as I got one as a freebie when I bought my amp, but any coax cable with reasonable build quality should suffice.
Unusual to get a single rca to 3.5mm cable with anything!
This with your Linn amp?

I now believe it to be 3.5 each end. The Mojo manual states the coax connection is 3.5 SPDIF, and it looks the same on the WiiM. Initially i tried a RCA plug in the socket, and it felt a good fit, but I think that was the shroud on the connector. Sorry, I'm partially sighted! I'm now having trouble finding that lead- is 3.5 mean it will be like a headphone jack? Excuse my ignorance please.

I now believe it to be 3.5 each end. The Mojo manual states the coax connection is 3.5 SPDIF, and it looks the same on the WiiM. Initially i tried a RCA plug in the socket, and it felt a good fit, but I think that was the shroud on the connector. Sorry, I'm partially sighted! I'm now having trouble finding that lead- is 3.5 mean it will be like a headphone jack? Excuse my ignorance please.
It's like a 3.5mm headphone at one end (the mojo end) and like the analog rca cables that came with the pro at the other end.

It's like a 3.5mm headphone at one end (the mojo end) and like the analog rca cables that came with the pro at the other end.
No, definitely 3.5 each end, I just fitted a 3.5 headphone in the socket. Why don't WiiM state the size of connector required in their manual as Chord do at their end? I can't find anything 3.5 each end though.

No, definitely 3.5 each end, I just fitted a 3.5 headphone in the socket. Why don't WiiM state the size of connector required in their manual as Chord do at their end? I can't find anything 3.5 each end though.
Well, the wiim end may have a 3.5mm hole, but it's just a standard RCA connection.
Search for something like this (sorry for the font, that's how it pasted!)

THE CHORD COMPANY CLEARWAY DIGITAL (RCA-3.5MM)

I'm sure you can find something similar, but cheaper, if required.

Thanks, I've found a cheaper alternative. Hope I haven't damaged the WiiM's coax socket by putting the 3.5 in there, I measured the RCA pins and they are only 3.18, so not a lot of difference.
I am beyond caring but I tested my cheap RCA to RCA coaxial cable and it was 50 ohm, not the desired 75 ohm. I presume all cheapies will be the same.I will let my ears be the test, I'm delighted with its sound through optical anyway, I just want to play around a bit. I should receive a 3.5 to twin RCA analogue lead today, and hope to use it with the Mojo's level line out to feed my vintage amp.I've just realised the limitations of my gear- no digital connections.
When all's said and done I was delighted with my Pro Plus sound streaming Tidal straight into my old amp and speakers. One reason I bought the Mojo was for a headphone socket- only my vintage cd player has a socket, and that struggles to power my headphones as much as I would like

I am beyond caring but I tested my cheap RCA to RCA coaxial cable and it was 50 ohm
Where / how? Not into the mojo, surely?

And, btw, it seems the mojo optical input maxes out at 96khz, so if you are using tidal plus then you ought to set the wiim's optical output to 96 max. You can leave coax at 192.

Last edited:
I measured it with a multitester, to measure impedance.
I realise the optical input maxes out at 96 khz, that's why I wanted to try the coax cable, to see if I could hear a difference.

Back