WiiM Pro vs Pro Plus

xed

I'm wondering about the difference in the digital part between Pro and Pro Plus. I'd use WiiM mainly for optical to coaxial conversion and streaming. Are there any changes in that part, like a better clock or power supply? Everyone says there is nothing changed, but I'd rather ask. Thanks!

PhotoReal_A_kitchen_in_chaos_with_an_Accuphase_amplifier_and_w_3.jpg

Look at the jitter graphs for Toslink and Coax below, there is not much to improve on a bit perfect signal with lowest jitter.

Look at the jitter graphs for Toslink and Coax below, there is not much to improve on a bit perfect signal with lowest jitter.

These tests won't tell too much about the jitter coming from the device when it's connected to DACs like ADI-2.

I would like to know also if there are some design changes - galvanic isolation on coax out etc… Probably not but not answered officially. For instance I cannot find in the manual of my integrated if coax in is isolated so I want this somewhere on the chain since I want to use coax for 192k output in my dac

Last edited:
These tests won't tell too much about the jitter coming from the device when it's connected to DACs like ADI-2.
Exactly. Looking at digital output alone it is already excellent (side bands below -155 dB), and when entering the DAC and going out as analog, it should be even more irrelevant/inaudible. As I was trying to point out: if the digital output is already excellent, the analog after the DAC more so, so how would the Pro Plus improve from that? :)

Exactly. Looking at digital output alone it is already excellent (side bands below -155 dB), and when entering the DAC and going out as analog, it should be even more irrelevant/inaudible. As I was trying to point out: if the digital output is already excellent, the analog after the DAC more so, so how would the Pro Plus improve from that? :)
Well, not exactly. For example, you would observe the same excellent quality of the Mini digital output and of the Pro output when both are connected to ADI-2, but it does not mean that both devices can produce signal of the same quality.
There is no point in evaluating the problems that your instrument eliminates at the same time.

My internal dac does not reject jitter and I cannot add an external dac because I will worsen the snr - since my dac signal goes directly to the power amp section of my integrated - shorter path is preferred. External dac goes through the pre amp stage first. Either have optical with more more jitter input to my dac and up to 96k or coaxial with significant less jitter dac side but maybe more noisy and up to 192k

Last edited:
My internal dac does not reject jitter and I cannot add an external dac because I will worsen the snr - since my dac signal goes directly to the power amp section of my integrated - shorter path is preferred. External dac goes through the pre amp stage first. Either have optical with more more jitter input to my dac and up to 96k or coaxial with significant less jitter dac side but maybe more noisy and up to 192k
I think you're worrying far too much about Roksan's additive noise comment.
Do you have 1m speaker cables...? ;)

Inside pics would be helpful. I doubt anybody will do a full comparison Teardown.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.png
    IMG_0859.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 25
It shows that your device can perform better on analog inputs compared to digital in terms of noise floor.

Back