Pro vs. Pro Plus as a streamer only

My old Nordost is a Blue Heaven with WBT instead of the BNC with RCA adapters. It fitted 😉
Red Dawn, analog interconnect ;)
Fitted and sounded absolutely fine on a BS Node as a 'digital' interconnect.
Exactly the same as the (proper) digital interconnect I later put on the Node, hence me trying to use it on the pro at that time.
That pro is now optical, and the Reds are back in analog action.
My Blue Heavens never left the analog realm.
Sadly, my Moonglos never really see the light of night (get it?) anymore as I hardly ever use my CD player.

Red Dawn, analog interconnect ;)
Fitted and sounded absolutely fine on a BS Node as a 'digital' interconnect.
Exactly the same as the (proper) digital interconnect I later put on the Node, hence me trying to use it on the pro at that time.
That pro is now optical, and the Reds are back in analog action.
My Blue Heavens never left the analog realm.
Sadly, my Moonglos never really see the light of night (get it?) anymore as I hardly ever use my CD player.
And yes, I've got it ;)

The Pro + is excellent within my setup. Please see my other posts.

I prefer wiim pro plus without eq and bit perfect (100 volume fixed) settings compared to wiim mini. I have ordered qed performance coaxial and I will have it next week. Given that my dac behaves better on coaxial I will see how it goes. I have not yet tried the analogue out. (pcb v3)

Last edited:
And....deciding for or against a streamer related to already possessed or wanted cables? Tried my Pro with a lot of my coax cables and not a single one did not fit. No idea with optical.

So no cables fitted? Or they did? How you phrased is double negative.

The pro plus has a little more space around the connector.
Some cables don't fit in the smaller recess in the pro.
I think the pro plus also has a little more space around the rca output terminals.
Yeah, too bad that they didn't come out with a WiiM Pro Studio with balanced Neutrik combo connectors. I bought one Pro Plus as a test and I ended up returning it. I won't be buying another as it just isn't worth the additional cost. If you are going to be putting better DAC in, you should upgrade the signal path to be truly balanced, otherwise is just seems like more decorative icing on the same cake.

Yeah, too bad that they didn't come out with a WiiM Pro Studio with balanced Neutrik combo connectors. I bought one Pro Plus as a test and I ended up returning it. I won't be buying another as it just isn't worth the additional cost. If you are going to be putting better DAC in, you should upgrade the signal path to be truly balanced, otherwise is just seems like more decorative icing on the same cake.
This is the reason I keep my Pro cause I have a balanced DAC therefore the Plus is not necessary for me. I don't need the Line Input for my use but it must be good with a turntable

I’m just wanting a little confirmation.

There’s talk of future upgrades to all WiiM streamers for more bands of PEQ and room correction.

Is the processing power required to handle these in both the Pro and Pro Plus equal? Is it just the DAC and ADC that’s different? Or is there any possibility that the Pro Plus might be able to handle them but not the Pro?

Any input from @WiiM Support or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I’m just wanting a little confirmation.

There’s talk of future upgrades to all WiiM streamers for more bands of PEQ and room correction.

Is the processing power required to handle these in both the Pro and Pro Plus equal? Is it just the DAC and ADC that’s different? Or is there any possibility that the Pro Plus might be able to handle them but not the Pro?

Any input from @WiiM Support or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I understand the Pro and the Pro Plus both use a quad core Arm Cortex-A53 64-bit cpu with 512k DRAM, which is double the number of cores and four times the ram the Mini has

I understand the Pro and the Pro Plus both use a quad core Arm Cortex-A53 64-bit cpu with 512k DRAM, which is double the number of cores and four times the ram the Mini has

Ah, thanks. So the Pro should be able to hack it if the Pro Plus can, but the Mini…who knows.

You’d have thought that recently manufactured Pro’s would have this too, but I don’t recall anyone having checked or mentioned that.
I just received my pro yesterday, didn't go for the plus as my Marantz PM6007 has an AK4490EQ DAC, and it appears to be using the upgraded casing with the larger opening around the coax socket. I was also surprised to find a remote control included, which I thought only came as standard with the pro+. Very happy for the £149 paid.

The DAC implementation in the Pro Plus measures very well. Whether that's audible or not.....

Back