WiiM Pro Plus - now ROON ready and certified

How does the WiiM Pro behave? I’d be really surprised if nothing has been said about its behaviour in the past six months it’s been certified if it’s doing the same.

This link suggests that it should show what changes the WiiM device makes to the signal path:

”It tells you what your source material is, your output, and every detail in between. Whether it be bit depth or sample rate conversions, parametric EQ, other DSP options, or processing inside of your Roon Ready device, Signal Path lets you know.”

So, now it is the question, why WiiM do not provide that to see it in the signal path???

So, now it is the question, why WiiM do not provide that to see it in the signal path???
As I’ve already said, if it was required then I’m surprised Roon didn’t pick it up in certification.

Anyway, let’s see what WiiM and perhaps Roon say…

Is the new WiiM Pro Plus manual available now - containing the latest firmware changes, including "Roon Ready"?

Is the new WiiM Pro Plus manual available now - containing the latest firmware changes, including "Roon Ready"?
The manual doesn’t include firmware changes, you’ll find them (eventually, there’s always a delay in it being updated ) in the release notes page

The manual doesn’t include firmware changes, you’ll find them (eventually, there’s always a delay in it being updated ) in the release notes page
Thank you for this answer and please let me know if it is possible to disable the "Roon Ready" (RAAT protocol) functionality?

Thank you for this answer and please let me know if it is possible to disable the "Roon Ready" (RAAT protocol) functionality?
You can’t disable any of its streaming protocols they are always available. If you don’t use Roon it doesn’t affect anything so why disable it?

But Linkplay announced that such possibility in general could be available in the future.
I think that was in relation to the Mini, as it had limited memory, they discussed optional firmware with and without Roon (as with Roon you'd loose other functionality). With Pro and pro+ nothing is lost with Roon added, so option to remove is of limited value (my opinion).

I’ve just fired up a trial of Roon and the WiiM Pro is no different - it doesn’t reflect any changes the WiiM device might have made to the signal path either. I wonder if WiiM were to provide that info now, might that mean the devices would need to be recertified by Roon? If that were the case, then I’d suspect they’d not bother…

Back