WiiM Pro Plus - now ROON ready and certified

For which audio device Roon shows the processing performed directly on this device?
Any Roon Ready device is supposed to declare its signal path to the DAC. So if your using inbuilt DSP options it shows up after RAAT stage. Hegel, Bluesound, Cambridge Audio, Eversolo to name a few. This is one of Roons SP that it shows your the processing chain.

firmware "roon" this morning in my plus...

Last edited:
Any Roon Ready device is supposed to declare its signal path to the DAC. So if your using inbuilt DSP options it shows up after RAAT stage. Hegel, Bluesound, Cambridge Audio, Eversolo to name a few. This is one of Roons SP that it shows your the processing chain.
Can you show me such an example? For processing outside the Roon subsystem but shown in the Roon audio path?

Can you show me such an example? For processing outside the Roon subsystem but shown in the Roon audio path?
Here is my FiiO M11 Plus Dap which is Roon Ready I enabled the all to DSD feature on the device which upsamples all input to DSD. You can see it as a process after RAAT which indicates it’s a device process and not via Roon. All Roon Ready devices I have had all declare any additional steps that are done on the device itself if they are in the signal path to the DAC.

IMG_2697.png

To be honest I can read opposite statements here

"Lossless signal paths are indicated by a bright purple light, and mean exactly what the name implies: that the stream is going from the file to the device without being modified."
"Enhanced signal paths are indicated by a bright blue light. This means that Roon is performing some signal processing steps on the audio because you asked for them."

You would have expected Roon to have picket this up though in the certification process? Seems such an obvious thing for them to check...
Agreed, unless it’s up to oems to decide on what they declare which then makes a mockery of this if they don’t.

To be honest I can read opposite statements here

"Lossless signal paths are indicated by a bright purple light, and mean exactly what the name implies: that the stream is going from the file to the device without being modified."
"Enhanced signal paths are indicated by a bright blue light. This means that Roon is performing some signal processing steps on the audio because you asked for them."

Wrong it also will show steps on devices as I have said and shown. All Bluesound show any bass treble adjustments, adjusting the digital volume or other DSP if it’s active. Cambridge Audio show that the CXNv2 upsamples always to 384/24. Eversolo again shows any DSP applied on the device.!

Here is my FiiO M11 Plus Dap which is Roon Ready I enabled the all to DSD feature on the device which upsamples all input to DSD. You can see it as a process after RAAT which indicates it’s a device process and not via Roon. All Roon Ready devices I have had all declare any additional steps that are done on the device itself if they are in the signal path to the DAC.

View attachment 4204
The same for the volume level on the device or EQ being enabled?

Wrong it also will show steps on devices as I have said and shown. All Bluesound show any bass treble adjustments, adjusting the digital volume or other DSP if it’s active. Cambridge Audio show that the CXNv2 upsamples always to 384/24. Eversolo again shows any DSP applied on the device.!
But you can see that it's not a mandatory thing based on the link I provided? It's not even a supposed behavior.

The same for the volume level on the device or EQ being enabled?
Volume no as it’s a DAP and your controlling the hardware analogue volume of the head amp it doesn’t have any other eq to apply but if it did it would show up.

But you can see that it's not a mandatory thing based on the link I provided? It's not even a supposed behaviour.
I read it a little differently and I have had a number of Roon Ready devices and all have declared stuff like this.

How does the WiiM Pro behave? I’d be really surprised if nothing has been said about its behaviour in the past six months it’s been certified if it’s doing the same.

This link suggests that it should show what changes the WiiM device makes to the signal path:

”It tells you what your source material is, your output, and every detail in between. Whether it be bit depth or sample rate conversions, parametric EQ, other DSP options, or processing inside of your Roon Ready device, Signal Path lets you know.”

I read it a little differently and I have had a number of Roon Ready devices and all have declared stuff like this.
Perhaps after setting the WiiM to Roon Ready and use it with Roon, the DSP, PEQ and other settings do not work and are default?

How does the WiiM Pro behave? I’d be really surprised if nothing has been said about its behaviour in the past six months it’s been certified if it’s doing the same.

This link suggests that it should show what changes the WiiM device makes to the signal path:

”It tells you what your source material is, your output, and every detail in between. Whether it be bit depth or sample rate conversions, parametric EQ, other DSP options, or processing inside of your Roon Ready device, Signal Path lets you know.”

It's the same with the Pro, there is a limited feedback like the output used, but nothing about any internal processing.

Back