WiiM Pro Plus - now ROON ready and certified

I think that was in relation to the Mini, as it had limited memory, they discussed optional firmware with and without Roon (as with Roon you'd loose other functionality). With Pro and pro+ nothing is lost with Roon added, so option to remove is of limited value (my opinion).
No, it was about the ability to disable/enable particular services on the device.

I have two units and the first was updated last night, the second is in process as I type this. That's faster than what I've previously seen in terms of getting both units updated. (Of course this is only the third FW update so I'm not working with a huge sample size...)

I’ve just fired up a trial of Roon and the WiiM Pro is no different - it doesn’t reflect any changes the WiiM device might have made to the signal path either. I wonder if WiiM were to provide that info now, might that mean the devices would need to be recertified by Roon? If that were the case, then I’d suspect they’d not bother…
You don’t have to go through it all again things do get updated by other vendors occasionally to fix bugs that come up due to other firmware changes. Bluesound forever break stuff.

a new firmware this morning...but still a new one now (93.49)....

Last edited:
No, it was about the ability to disable/enable particular services on the device.

Ok I see, the concern is about useless chatter on the network I assume then

Listening for 8 hours to music via Roon from my Roon server. It's flawless. Very Happy :)

I can use Qobuz natively in the Wiim app (on an iPhone) at full resolution but when I try to implement it via the Roon server, it defaults to 16/44 via Airplay. I've installed and reinstalled but nothing seems to correct the situation. Any advice?

Last edited:
I can use Qobuz natively in the Wiim app (on an iPhone) at full resolution but when I try to implement it via the Roon server, it defaults to 16/44 via Airplay. I've installed and reinstalled but nothing seems to correct the situation. Any advice?
You should be able to go into settings in Roon and enable the Roon Ready WiiM Pro/Plus device

You should be able to go into settings in Roon and enable the Roon Ready WiiM Pro/Plus device
Yes, in Roon, it shows under settings >audio, the various devices but the Wiim PP is listed but with "Via Airplay" in the box description.

Yes, in Roon, it shows under settings >audio, the various devices but the Wiim PP is listed but with "Via Airplay" in the box description.
I don’t have my PC on just now, but I could see Roon Ready, Chromecast and AirPlay options for both my Pro and Pro Plus.

Screen shot, showing Wiim PP under "other devices" with "via Airplay". Not showing as "Roon Ready". But under the Wiim App it shows "Roon Ready" under the "manage services"Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.41.20 PM.png

It should look similar to this if you use the most recent firmwarer If it shows via Airplay that's not the correct device selection for high resolution audio. Are you sure you have the latest firmware update installed that ends in 9349?Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 08.50.16.png
Screen shot, showing Wiim PP under "other devices" with "via Airplay". Not showing as "Roon Ready". But under the Wiim App it shows "Roon Ready" under the "manage services"View attachment 4225
You have to choose the Linkplay device on the left.

What's the benefit of continuing to use Roon? Once Wiim has 6 or more PEQ bands I was going to ditch it, as for me the only use is the DSP.

Depend on what else your after. For me it’s not locked to a specific device and can be used across many more bits of equipment. I have many different makes and models and I have Roon manage them all. The interface is far superior no different looks to each service one unified layout, source agnostic for your library, better music management (Wiim has none), more DSP options over all and all applied at 64bit, upsampling, ability to use convolution filters for better Eq results, adjustable volume levelling, can build complex layers of DSP using procedural eq. Its multiroom is one of the best in class imo.

If you don’t care for managing your music collection in a specific way or you don’t need or use this stuff then there are other things around.

I’m not sure why would you want software managements on your music when the app on tidal and qoboz just do ok job while paying monthly subscription and computer running 24/7 plus the electricity that the computer consume.

Back