Meaning of Left and Right Channel

ernperkins

When I read the WiiM Mini user manual I thought that that selecting the Left (or Right) channel in the Audio Settings would result with the WiiM outputting only that particular channel. However, I've found that the WiiM still outputs on both channel outputs. I tested this with both the analog and TOSLINK outputs. So now I'm thinking that what Left/Right channel means is what the Wiim outputs on both L/R outputs. So Left in Audio Settings means the left channel signal is output on both L/R outputs. Just looking for verification. Thanks in advance.

I'd guess if it's set to one channel then that's what's output on digital and both RCA outputs. Where I've seen someone use it (and may have actually requested WiiM implement it) was for feeding two active speakers with each being connected to its own WiiM device, one set for the L channel and the other for the R channel.

I'd guess if it's set to one channel then that's what's output on digital and both RCA outputs. Where I've seen someone use it (and may have actually requested WiiM implement it) was for feeding two active speakers with each being connected to its own WiiM device, one set for the L channel and the other for the R channel.
And why such setup could be useful?

Back