Music library corrupted

gwinegarden

This issue is driving me crazy.

Somehow, the music folder on my phone got corrupted.

I rebuilt the folder but I am finding that the home app is still playing the wrong songs, in some cases. This was the original issue.

The corruption also affected other apps but they are OK, now.

I have verified that the folder is now correct, but the app keeps playing the same incorrect songs.

It seems that the app does not rescan my phone for changes and this leads me to believe that the app is retaining old info, somewhere.

I cleared the app cache and data. I then uninstalled the app and rebooted my phone.

After reinstalling the app, it did not go into setup, it had retained all options, etc. e.g. last song played, unit name, and wifi network.

Rebooting the Mini made no real difference. I did have to do "some" setup, but, again, it retained things like the room.

There seems to be a hidden (at least, I cannot find it) file that is not getting removed when I reinstall.

I have contacted support but have not heard back for over 2 weeks.

This is insane!

I cleared the app cache and data. I then uninstalled the app and rebooted my phone.

After reinstalling the app, it did not go into setup, it had retained all options, etc. e.g. last song played, unit name, and wifi network.
If you remove one of the services from the home page of the WiiM Home App via Manage, then clear the cache and storage does it reappear? I just tried this and it was back at the defaults.

I couldn't "remove" services, just turn them off. It made no difference.
If you disable them in the Manage screen they disappear from the home screen.
Are you saying that they weren't even removed from the WiiM home screen, or that they didn't reappear after clearing the cache and storage?

Are you on Android?

If the services are still hidden after you've cleared the cache and storage then I don't think it's an app issue.
If I clear the storage (uninstalling isn't necessary) the WiiM app goes back to the introduction screen.
Have you got any other apps you can test?

You are definitely clearing both the storage and cache aren't you, so 'User data' and 'Cache' should both be 0 B in the app Storage screen.

If the services are still hidden after you've cleared the cache and storage then I don't think it's an app issue.
If I clear the storage (uninstalling isn't necessary) the WiiM app goes back to the introduction screen.
Have you got any other apps you can test?
If not the app, then why is it the only app that plays the wrong tracks?

You are definitely clearing both the storage and cache aren't you, so 'User data' and 'Cache' should both be 0 B in the app Storage screen.
Yes and as I posted I have also uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Looked around some more and see that the app shows multiple copies of some songs. Looking at the actual files shows there is only one copy.

Yes and as I posted I have also uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Looked around some more and see that the app shows multiple copies of some songs. Looking at the actual files shows there is only one copy.
Uninstalling doesn't clear the existing user data, which is why you have the option to clear the storage.

I didn't mean that the app isn't working correctly, just that it's not the apps fault that the phone isn't clearing the storage.

If within the My Music > Phone section you browse by Folder, is that working correctly as I wouldn't expect this to be cached.

It sounds like it's indexing the new files but not removing those that are deleted.
If you rename a file does it appear duplicated?
If you can't delete the app storage then yes, you might have to wait on support.

I have to apologise!

After much further research, it appears that this was all due to my source library, on my PC, being corrupted.

So, rebuilding the library, from there, just continued the issue.

So far, all seems to be correct.

Thanks for your assistance.

Back