Music sharing in local network

kevinek

Major Contributor
Hi Guys.
I just thought I would check if I can play local music in wiim mini. And I can't force it to see my music files on PC that are shared. Wiim mini only sees folders but no files. There is flac file inside for test. But I still can play music from a pendrive plugged into my asus router. Is it something with flac file or settings on my pc? It is windows 8 and I just shared music library in settings and also switched on streaming to devices in windows. My Yamaha R-N803 also can see music from pendrive in router but can't see files from my PC and also can see only folders but no files.... Do I need NAS or add some software for that option?

Hi
Not sure what sharing music within settings actually does, but maybe it's not a media server as such.
I had Kodi running on my pc as a media server and the Wiim had no issues seeing the files.
I note that SMB sharing is in the future roadmap, which I think will allow the wiim to just browse the folders directly.

Hi Guys.
I just thought I would check if I can play local music in wiim mini. And I can't force it to see my music files on PC that are shared. Wiim mini only sees folders but no files. There is flac file inside for test. But I still can play music from a pendrive plugged into my asus router. Is it something with flac file or settings on my pc? It is windows 8 and I just shared music library in settings and also switched on streaming to devices in windows. My Yamaha R-N803 also can see music from pendrive in router but can't see files from my PC and also can see only folders but no files.... Do I need NAS or add some software for that option?
Try and add the folders to Windows Media Player, first.

Back