My wiim pro setup

LBe

The WiiM is presumably one of the best hifi investments I have ever made.
This is my current setup:

Streaming service: TIDAL hifi +
Streamer: WiiM pro: input wifi
DAC: Topping E50 input optical
Power for WiiM + Topping: 25W Dual Output Low Noise DC Linear Regulated Power Supply
Amp's: Sony TA-F590ES or DENON PMA-915R
Speakers: Infinity Reference 61i or Monitor Audio bronze 100

I agree with you!
I gave my Bluesound node to my son and got the Wiim Pro and am amazed at what fantastic value and quality this is.

Streaming service-Qobuz
Input Wifi
Amplifier Hegel H95
Speakers Dynaudio Emit 10
Sub B&W 608
QED interconnects mainly.

I agree with you!
I gave my Bluesound node to my son and got the Wiim Pro and am amazed at what fantastic value and quality this is.

Streaming service-Qobuz
Input Wifi
Amplifier Hegel H95
Sub B&W 608
Another Hegel :D
I sold my Node; bought 3 pros with the proceeds!

I agree with you!

Streaming service-Qobuz
Input Wifi
Amplifier Hegel H95
Sub B&W 608
Nice! Which qed coaxial ?

I agree with you!

Streaming service-Qobuz
Input Wifi
Amplifier Hegel H95
Sub B&W 608
Out of interest, what was wrong or worse about the Bluesound node?

My system:
WiiM Pro (fixed volume, no eq)
Chord Qutest Dac
Naim NAC72 - NAP140 pre-power amps
Fyne F501 SP floorstanding speakers
Apps: Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, Idagio

Another Hegel :D
I sold my Node; bought 3 pros with the proceeds!
Just got the Hegel in my setup yesterday in fact and liking it more and more. Quite hard to describe what it’s doing but the soundstage is large and I’m loving it. It’s like being in a candy store with the Wiim- jumping from this to that and back again!

My system:
Chord Qutest Dac
I know you didn't ask me per se, but here's my answer anyway!

Nothing wrong with the Node, but neither was it any better than the wiims. Unless you want usb output ;)
Even in my sighted tests, and possibly expecting the Node to be better due to it being at least 4× the price, I couldn't tell them apart into an external dac.

The hdmi audio lag was terrible, made watching tv via it pointless. (Hope the wiim amp is better in that regard!)
At that time I had Amazon music, so the wiim was better for me as I could use the native app.
And...3 brand new pros for the same as a 2nd hand Node...

My system:
Chord Qutest Dac
That’s difficult to answer as I really liked it-felt very classy, software is easy to use sound is great. I think what strikes me most is that I’m not missing it now that I have the Wiim Pro which sounds so good and is as easy to use.
I like your setup as I’m an ex Naim man. What’s the Wiim like in your system? I’ve also been considering Fyne bookshelf speakers for my speaker upgrade.

I picked up a WiiM pro plus in past 2 weeks when my Kanto yu6 powered speakers died.

Brought out my old AV receiver and Paradigm cinema speakers.

Current setup:

WiiM pro plus
Optical output into Onkyo tx705 AV receiver
Paradigm cinema speakers
Paradigm sub
U-turn turntable

Looking at a emotiva TA2 and bookshelf speakers maybe

I signed up for Qobuz , wow! Can hear difference hi Res audio

Qobuz is great via Wiim! I find the difference between Apple Music noticeable though I use both and wonder how many people keep using both.

That’s difficult to answer as I really liked it-felt very classy, software is easy to use sound is great. I think what strikes me most is that I’m not missing it now that I have the Wiim Pro which sounds so good and is as easy to use.
I like your setup as I’m an ex Naim man. What’s the Wiim like in your system? I’ve also been considering Fyne bookshelf speakers for my speaker upgrade.
It all sounds awesome! I've had the Naim amps forever and love their energy. There was a huge improvement with the Fyne speakers which I bought last year. Together they sounded fun, but not that subtle. I was using a Raspberry Pi based Squeezebox / LMS streamer and simple PCB DAC. Music from Spotify. Then I bought the Qutest and suddenly there was the subtlety! I connected the digital out from my CD player to the Qutest and the limitations of the lossy Spotify audio became blindingly obvious compared to CD. I had a brief time with a Sonos Connect before settling on the WiiM and Amazon music as my source for lossless streamed audio. It has its quirks, but the music has never sounded better

Just new here, with a Pro+.

Currently still in a test setup, actually waiting for some feature improvements of the app for Deezer. Which currently is pretty crap. Just a tad better than the HEOS option on my Denon.

In the end it will go most likely get paired up with:
Denon x3500h AVR (ok dac but bad implementation)
Dali Ikon 6 SE speakers with CANARE 4S11 cables
Interconnects are selfmade with Canare L-4E6S and a set of Mogami NEGLEX W2549

Curious if the DAC in the Pro+ will be an improvement of the one in the Denon x3500h

If not I'd like to go search for an external dac.. most likely a used Chord Qutest or If i can stretch it, a gustard R26

Just new here, with a Pro+.

Currently still in a test setup, actually waiting for some feature improvements of the app for Deezer. Which currently is pretty crap. Just a tad better than the HEOS option on my Denon.

In the end it will go most likely get paired up with:
Denon x3500h AVR (ok dac but bad implementation)
Dali Ikon 6 SE speakers with CANARE 4S11 cables
Interconnects are selfmade with Canare L-4E6S and a set of Mogami NEGLEX W2549

Curious if the DAC in the Pro+ will be an improvement of the one in the Denon x3500h

If not I'd like to go search for an external dac.. most likely a used Chord Qutest or If i can stretch it, a gustard R26

Welcome.
While waiting for Deezer improvements, you should be able to use the deezer app and chromecast to the wiim.
Yes, you'll have gaps between tracks.

Welcome.
While waiting for Deezer improvements, you should be able to use the deezer app and chromecast to the wiim.
Yes, you'll have gaps between tracks.
Agree, all the mainstream services support Chromecast. I held off buying the mini and waited for the Pro for that reason.

Question: is Chromecast ever gapless? Is this something WiiM could implement, or is it inherent in the Chromecast system?

Agree, all the mainstream services support Chromecast. I held off buying the mini and waited for the Pro for that reason.

Question: is Chromecast ever gapless? Is this something WiiM could implement, or is it inherent in the Chromecast system?
I believe it's a chromecast limitation.
Certian solutions, like roon, overcome this by sending the music to chromecast as a single, continuous stream.

Back