New issue playing Sirius xm using Alexa dot through WiiM pro.

Jdamberger1

I have a new issue that started about a week ago.
1) I can cast Sirius XM from my Sirius XM app. To the WiiM pro just fine
2) I can use my echo dot and tell it to play music from Amazon, Iheart radio, or Pandora to the group that has my WiiM pro in it and they play fine.
3) the echo dot will play any Sirius XM station i ask it to, through itself.
But now ( just started) when I ask to play Sirius xm to my WiiM pro, I will not play. In the WiiM app. It shows the station requested but play button shows little waves (see attached).
Screenshot_20231015-130112_WiiM Home.jpg
I have tried the following.

1. Sign out of Amazon and back in under the WiiM App.

2. Taken WiiM pro out of my alexa group then back in.

Still same result (see attached).

I have the same issue and have opened a ticket with WiiM support.

FWIW - If I add the Echo Dot to the Speaker group as a device to play the audio out of, the WiiM does play the audio, so does the Echo-Dot, so you have to turn the volume down (or mute it). After this the only way to remove the Echo Dot, is to delete the Speaker Group and start again.

Try rebooting the Pro and your router
1st thing I did was reboot router and all WiiM devices. BTW, have same issue on both my WiiM minis'. I also have opened ticket as well last week. Was hoping someone here has found a solution.

Hi, if you have raised a ticket for this issue, please let me know here and I’ll try and escalate the issue to WiiM on your behalf.

I have the same issue. Just recently picked up a mini, and was delighted that this worked… for a few days 😢

Same problem. Everything updated, rebooted, reinstalled, etc. No luck. Please make this a priority

Yes. Only received generic response.
Also, I had found a workaround where if I linked a WiiM to an Alexa group that also had an echo device (echo studio) it would play on both devices. That seems to have stopped today.

Today i received an update to the firmware for WiiM pro. It first had improved, but not resolved the issue I have had using Alexa Voice to stream SiriusXM to the WiiM Pro (see attached).
Even though it would start playing, it stopped after 2 to 3 minutes. I rebooted the WiiM pro and after about 4 to 5 it again stopped playing. I don't get the wavy lines on the play button, but music stops. If I give alexa the voice command to start, it will start playing but stopped again after a few minutes again.

On my fourth or fifth attempt it stopped again. Before anyone asks, I am not streaming Sirius XM anywhere else. Tried again and been play for about 20 minutes with no stopping. We will see....

I have not yet checked to see if there is an update for the WiiM mini. I had the original same issue with both of them when using Alexa Voice and the WiiM mini as a speaker in separate Alaxa groups.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101-104827_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101-104827_WiiM Home.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20231101-105013_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101-105013_WiiM Home.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 3
Today i received an update to the firmware for WiiM pro. It first had improved, but not resolved the issue I have had using Alexa Voice to stream SiriusXM to the WiiM Pro (see attached).
Even though it would start playing, it stopped after 2 to 3 minutes. I rebooted the WiiM pro and after about 4 to 5 it again stopped playing. I don't get the wavy lines on the play button, but music stops. If I give alexa the voice command to start, it will start playing but stopped again after a few minutes again.

On my fourth or fifth attempt it stopped again. Before anyone asks, I am not streaming Sirius XM anywhere else. Tried again and been play for about 20 minutes with no stopping. We will see....

I have not yet checked to see if there is an update for the WiiM mini. I had the original same issue with both of them when using Alexa Voice and the WiiM mini as a speaker in separate Alaxa groups.
Today's update is specifically for Tidal Connect FLAC support and changes to the Spotify SDK. WiiM replied on another thread to say they hope their engineers can identify and resolve the SiriusXM issue over the next week - see https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...ed-to-use-wiim-pro-with-alexa.1220/post-26219

Have exactly same issue with Alexa and Xm so is WIimpro working on this ? Evidently was working fine until about 1 week ago

Can anyone confirm ball in WiiM court ?

Have exactly same issue with Alexa and Xm so is WIimpro working on this ? Evidently was working fine until about 1 week ago

This is primarily a user community, so if you want a direct response from WiiM, you’re best raising a ticket thru the settings/ feedback section in the WiiM home app.

Reply from WiiM on my ticket 502087

Hi John

We are currently experiencing issues with playing content from some SiriusXM radio stations where the cloud has pushed a video format that our current player cannot handle. We understand this may be inconvenient, and we appreciate your patience as we work on a solution.
Our team is actively developing a new player designed to support both audio and video playback. This development process will take some time, but we are committed to enhancing our service and resolving this issue as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to improve your listening experience.
Best regards,

No idea. Issues like this could well be with the Sirius XM Alexa skill or an issue between the Sirius and Alexa cloud services, and maybe nothing to do with WiiM at all. I’d disable and re enable the Sirius skill, reboot your router and your WiiM device and if none of that works, submit a ticket as suggested so WiiM can see if it is an issue at their end.

Back