Newby Experiencing Drop Outs during playback (Tidal)

Happyman

I have noticed over the last few weeks, that when listening to Tidal via the Wiim Pro I have occasional drop outs. Maybe 1 every 45- 90 minutes. I have my internet cable plugged into the Wiim Pro directly from my Arris Surfboard SBG10 router. I have been using the Wiim Pro since the beginning of 2023 without these issues. Can anyone suggest a simple fix?

Last edited:
I have noticed over the last few weeks, that when listening to Tidal via the Wiim Pro I have occasional drop outs. Maybe 1 every 45- 90 minutes. I have my internet cable plugged into the Wiim Pro directly from my Arris Surfboard SBG10 router. I have been using the Wiim Pro since the beginning of 2023 without these issues. Can anyone suggest a simple fix?
It's not clear from your post if you only get this issue with tidal - or maybe you only use tidal?
Check the cables are in tight?
I was having occasional dropouts too - turned out the coax cable wasn't in quite as tight as it ought to have been.

I checked, all connections are tight.

Also switched over to Wi-fi from ethernet cable and still getting drops regardless whether I'm streaming Spotify, or Tidal.

Just had a drop (Tidal) as I was typing this post.

Frustrating :(

Yes, I also have this problem with tidal via wiim home. I wrote somewhere here on the forum about this, the advice was from the admin to delete the cache and restart the phone, but this does not work with the wiim home application. Deezer does not have this problem the music plays non-stop for 2-3 hours.

I went into the EQ setting . When I change the setting from Graphic to Parametric I loose sound and must go back to browse and reselect the music.

I love the EQ settings in the Wiim Pro and have been hanging on to the steamer just to have the EQ feature.

I have not tried the other outputs. Was not having problems for several months using coax.

Last edited:
@Happyman Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having terrible dropouts (temporary pauses or stutters) with Spotify using Bluetooth. It also happens with Spotify Connect, but not as frequently. It's driving me nuts! Using the line-out connection to my receiver. The connection is tight.

Still having dropouts every 30-45 minute using Tidal.

Going to start looking at other streamers to see if an upgrade will eliminate the problems.

Do you use the EQ?

I've been experiencing dropouts too. I'm streaming from my phone to WiiM Pro + Cast icon show connection. Then after 20 minutes the connection is lost. It can't connect, yet streaming, casting to other devices without WiiM works fine. Currently, the only way I can connect again is to go through setup.
The router is in the same room. The signal is strong. Any suggestions?

Back