Newest update and now I have severe stutter

Davidb

WiiM pro has been working flawlessly since I bought it a few months ago. Actually was at the point of selling my node to then get the amp version for my living room setup.recently the update was pushed and now my WiiM is basically unusable. The stutter and distortion is awful. I have it line out connected to a McIntosh head phone amp. Have had no issues and now it’s constant.

Tried changing MTU speed as others suggested and rebooted. Tried cable swapping and still nothing. Please help!

Try factory resetting Wiim and reinstalling the WiiM app.

If the problem recurs after that, please submit a ticket to support via feedback in the WiiM app. They will check the logs of your WiiM and it will help you solve the problem.

Try factory resetting Wiim and reinstalling the WiiM app.

If the problem recurs after that, please submit a ticket to support via feedback in the WiiM app. They will check the logs of your WiiM and it will help you solve the problem.
That seemed to do the trick! Thanks! I’ll report the way you suggested if it defaults again.

So it’s come back 2 times since this post. Regardless of the music input or settings. I’ve submitted a trouble ticket through the app but I am quite frustrated.

Have you rebooted your router? Is its firmware up to date? In extremis, you could try factory resetting your WiiM.
I have done all of the above. One thought I had was the power cord. I was using a direct connection to a multi plug but it came back even with dedicated wall power. I’m baffled because prior to the update, no issues. Was actually about to sell my Bluesound I have in the living room to replace with another one of these since it gets tidal connect flac 192/24. I know that a lot of people dislike Bluesound but they recently hopped on the bandwagon with tidal connect. So now I’m torn because if I can’t get resolution then I might have to change devices. Which sucks because the price point on the pro is perfect.

If you let me know your ticket number, I’ll try and escalate it to WiiM to see if they can diagnose your issue and expedite a solution. Thanks
Team reached out and advised I set DNS to off or anything other than 8.8.8.8. That did nothing to change the issue. It’s strange too, it seems like it happens mainly on FLAC titles and not MQA or regular high tracks.

Team reached out and advised I set DNS to off or anything other than 8.8.8.8. That did nothing to change the issue. It’s strange too, it seems like it happens mainly on FLAC titles and not MQA or regular high tracks.
Hi Davidb,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered. Please help share your ticket # so I can work with our team to expedite the resolution of your issue. Your patience and understanding in this matter are greatly appreciated.

Today app update have problem with search function in server search,when i start to type for artists or song in every letter keybord disappear and come back after couple of seconds and try to search between every letter and don't allow to continue typing for artist or song and then search. Everything is slow....

Today app update have problem with search function in server search,when i start to type for artists or song in every letter keybord disappear and come back after couple of seconds and try to search between every letter and don't allow to continue typing for artist or song and then search. Everything is slow....
Edit
Now is ok, maybe something with my phone and keybord was problem but strange with search between every letter?

I've had a similar stutter issue on my Wiim Pro, Line in to airplay out. You hear audio for a second and then no audio and then back and forth between audio and no audio. Doesn't it matter if I'm airplay out to a single speaker or to multiple speakers. I also have a denon avr-s740H connected to the wiim pro optical out. Line in optical out is fine at the max bit rate 24bit 192khz. When I downgrade this to the default 16-bit 48 khz the airplay out studder issue is fixed. Maybe that max bit rate is too much for AirPlay, perhaps a separate setting is needed for that?

Hi Team,

The stuttering issue with Analog in > AirPlay casting has been resolved in our latest firmware update. Please test it out and share your feedback. Thank you!

Hi Team,

The stuttering issue with Analog in > AirPlay casting has been resolved in our latest firmware update. Please test it out and share your feedback. Thank you!
These informative posts are great, but I feel you should reference a build number / build date to make it clear from when people should expect it to work.

Edit: Typical. Literally the very next post I read was a screenshot of the update with this fix!!

Back