nextURI failed to load when streaming over UPnP

timw99

I'm trying to stream to my WiiM Pro using the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin on Logitech Media Server. I don't know if this is a WiiM issue or an issue with the plugin, but whenever I play any files with the gapless setting to 'yes', about half of the queue will be skipped before it starts playing a track. Logs show the following error whenever it skips:

[22:28:42.608281] _SyncNotifState:643 [0xb4e6a0]: nextURI http://192.168.0.29:38225/bridge-3.flac failed, requesting LMS to go next

If I change the gapless setting to forced, it's fixed but then I'm obviously missing gapless playback. DSOTM is at least 50% less enjoyable without it. 🙃
Any suggestions?

Edit: I'm also open to other suggestions for playing files from my NAS. Been at this all day. Using other DLNA servers as well to play straight from the app but they're missing stuff like search, don't order tracks correctly or only send low res album art.

Last edited:
What version of the UPNPBridge plugin are you using? I seem to recall that or a similar issue occurring in the past, but I thought it had been overcome. I’m sure a few other LMS/UPNP users like @d6jg, @onlyoneme and possible @simbun will recall better…

Last edited:
What version of the UPNPBridge plugin are you using? I seem to recall that or a similar issue occurring in the past, but I thought it had been overdone. I’m sure a few other LMS/UPNP users like @d6jg, @onlyoneme and possible @simbun will recall better…
The latest version I'm pretty sure (v2.2.3). I read the other threads as well. This was from the start of this year with version 2.1.X or something. Figured it'd be fixed already. Can't find anything recent on it though.

Latest Bridge is v2.2.3 and works fine for me with the default settings only modified by max sample rate set to match the capability of the DAC the WiiM is connected or 192000 if using the internal DAC

The symptoms described can be as a result of networking issues.
Is LMS server wired?
Is this a Mini or Pro - wired or wireless?

Latest Bridge is v2.2.3 and works fine for me with the default settings only modified by max sample rate set to match the capability of the DAC the WiiM is connected or 192000 if using the internal DAC
Yeah, I have the same settings and haven’t noticed an issue but then again I don’t tend to play many gapless albums

The symptoms described can be as a result of networking issues.
Is LMS server wired?
Is this a Mini or Pro - wired or wireless?
LMS is on my server running as a docker container with network_mode set to host. I figured UPnP would require this to be set. It's a WiiM Pro connected over ethernet.

Re other upnp servers, Minimserver and AssetUPNP are well thought of, as is BubbleUPNP on android or mConnect on iOS as client apps.
I tried BubbleUPnP as well to act as a proxy but it was even more unstable. I'll try the other ones if I can't find a solution.

LMS is on my server running as a docker container with network_mode set to host. I figured UPnP would require this to be set. It's a WiiM Pro connected over ethernet.
Post in the UPnPBridge thread on forums.slimdevices.com. I don’t use Docker but I recall an issue like this being discussed. It may be that another port is required to be opened.

WiiM + LMS + UPnPBridge does work for gapless in normal set up. Docker is the area to investigate for sure.

Edit

Last edited:
I tried BubbleUPnP as well to act as a proxy but it was even more unstable. I'll try the other ones if I can't find a solution.
BubbleUPnP as a proxy to LMS?
I know LMS has problems if you try and seek or skip tracks (using the UPnPBridge), but I haven't seen it as extensive as you describe.

I'd try MinimServer with the BubbleUPnP control point and if that doesn't work then it's almost certainly network/setup related, as that's probably the most robust UPnP setup you can get.

BubbleUPnP as a proxy to LMS?
I know LMS has problems if you try and seek or skip tracks, but I haven't seen it as extensive as you describe.

I'd try MinimServer with the BubbleUPnP control point and if that doesn't work then it's almost certainly network/setup related, as that's probably the most robust UPnP setup you can get.
It is definitely the Docker but I don’t use it so can’t pinpoint the issue

Post in the UPnPBridge thread on forums.slimdevices.com. I don’t use Docker but I recall an issue like this being discussed. It may be that another port is required to be opened.

WiiM + LMS + UPnPBridge does work for gapless in normal set up. Docker is the area to investigate for sure.

Edit
Alright seems logical it'd be Docker if you guys aren't having issues. I'll focus on that tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.

It is definitely the Docker but I don’t use it so can’t pinpoint the issue
It's probably configuration of some kind, but from the little I know about docker I wouldn't have thought the problem could surface in such a specific way, it's still the same underlying protocols after all.

It's probably configuration of some kind, but from the little I know about docker I wouldn't have thought the problem could surface in such a specific way, it's still the same underlying protocols after all.
Docker is different. It requires a bit of config to let the right traffic reach the virtualised host.

Back