nextURI failed to load when streaming over UPnP

timw99

I'm trying to stream to my WiiM Pro using the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin on Logitech Media Server. I don't know if this is a WiiM issue or an issue with the plugin, but whenever I play any files with the gapless setting to 'yes', about half of the queue will be skipped before it starts playing a track. Logs show the following error whenever it skips:

[22:28:42.608281] _SyncNotifState:643 [0xb4e6a0]: nextURI http://192.168.0.29:38225/bridge-3.flac failed, requesting LMS to go next

If I change the gapless setting to forced, it's fixed but then I'm obviously missing gapless playback. DSOTM is at least 50% less enjoyable without it. 🙃
Any suggestions?

Edit: I'm also open to other suggestions for playing files from my NAS. Been at this all day. Using other DLNA servers as well to play straight from the app but they're missing stuff like search, don't order tracks correctly or only send low res album art.

Last edited:
Strange then. I would only see 16/44.1 if I were using airplay, and/or ChromeCast in the case of my Pro. Being able to support lossless HD/UHD casting from the Amazon Music app is one of the main USPs of WiiM devices.
Btw bridging though bubbleupnp, chromecast can support up to 16/192. Otherwise it will go as far as 16/92 max normally.

It’s still UHD. Just songs over 96khz but sometimes alexacast decided to go down to 24/96 only. I haven’t found the exact pattern yet!
I’ve seen that happen on fire tv devices mostly but sometimes on my iPad where the rate can change until the amazon music app convinces itself that there’s a sufficiently wide and stable network connection, but I’m not aware of having experienced this “adaptive streaming” method on WiiM devices.

I’ve seen that happen on fire tv devices mostly but sometimes on my iPad where the rate can change until the amazon music app convinces itself that there’s a sufficiently wide and stable network connection, but I’m not aware of having experienced this “adaptive streaming” method on WiiM devices.
That might as well be it 😥

But you can’t do that with Amazon Music afaik, or is that using BubbleUPNP’s pass thru mode or whatever they call it?
Yeah Amazon music you can’t change the source. But if you host your own music file or going through bubbleupnp app (which in that case would be Qobuz) then you can use chromecast to 24/192 as you wish.

Back