No Ethernet Connectivity - how to return (RMA)?

Mbalcarek

Hello,
I have had my Wiim Pro since December 2022 and I have had this issue from the start. I opened a ticket with Wiim https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/tickets/6660, but they have not responded to the ticket.

Basically, the Wiim Pro works fine using Wi-Fi, but as soon as I plug in an ethernet cable, the Wiim Home application loses connectivity to the device. The device disappears from the devices list. If I look at the network on my PC, the device has not been assigned an IP address. I have tried unplugging the ethernet cable and turning off and on the power, rebooting the phone, etc. to no avail. I have tried different cables and hardware ports.

I have to disconnect the ethernet cable in order to have the device detected again. Having read about other people's experiences, which are different - they atleast seem to get an IP address - so I now suspect a hardware issue. Where do I get an RMA?

Recently also the COAX connectivity stopped working, so only TOSLINK still works for digital outputs ...

Hello,
I have had my Wiim Pro since December 2022 and I have had this issue from the start. I opened a ticket with Wiim https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/tickets/6660, but they have not responded to the ticket.

Basically, the Wiim Pro works fine using Wi-Fi, but as soon as I plug in an ethernet cable, the Wiim Home application loses connectivity to the device. The device disappears from the devices list. If I look at the network on my PC, the device has not been assigned an IP address. I have tried unplugging the ethernet cable and turning off and on the power, rebooting the phone, etc. to no avail. I have tried different cables and hardware ports.

I have to disconnect the ethernet cable in order to have the device detected again. Having read about other people's experiences, which are different - they atleast seem to get an IP address - so I now suspect a hardware issue. Where do I get an RMA?

Recently also the COAX connectivity stopped working, so only TOSLINK still works for digital outputs ...
Does your router enable you to assign a static IP address to your device's Ethernet MAC address? Do the logs on your router show that MAC address coming showing up on the network when you connect to it? Have you tried connecting it via Ethernet to a network other than your own?

While it's certainly possible Ethernet connectivity on your device is broken -- could even be a physical issue with the RJ45 port -- it would be helpful seeing more about what's going on, or what happens if changing a few more variables isolates the issue.

The device does not appear at all. It is not assigned an IP address when trying ethernet. I look in windows to see it it is there. I did try different ports and cables, but not a different network (yet). My dsl phone line connects to a modem which has the wi fi turned off. I have a tp-link deco hub hard wired via ethernet from modem to deco. The deco provides a mesh wi-fi network, which i use and which works with the wiim pro. I now suspect something in this hardware setup Because i have tried a second wiim pro and it behaves the same. There was a suggestion that the wifi and the ethernet might be on two different networks !? This makes no sense to me and I don’t know how to determine if this is the case. I only have one ethernet, and one wifi network. When i set up the deco wifi, i used the same name as the original wifi (from the modem) to avoid reconfiguring all my wifi devices…

Last edited:
The device does not appear at all. It is not assigned an IP address when trying ethernet. I look in windows to see it it is there. I did try different ports and cables, but not a different network (yet). My dsl phone line connects to a modem which has the wi fi turned off. I have a tp-link deco hub hard wired via ethernet from modem to deco. The deco provides a mesh wi-fi network, which i use and which works with the wiim pro. I now suspect something in this hardware setup Because i have tried a second wiim pro and it behaves the same. There was a suggestion that the wifi and the ethernet might be on two different networks !? This makes no sense to me and I don’t know how to determine if this is the case. I only have one ethernet, and one wifi network.
By one network people mean the same subnet - all on 192.168.1.x or similar
There is also the possibility that WiFi settings on your router block connections from WiFi devices to anything else on your network- WiFi isolation
Get a local IT person to look

What's the exact model of your router?

The device does not appear at all. It is not assigned an IP address when trying ethernet. I look in windows to see it it is there. I did try different ports and cables, but not a different network (yet).
What do you mean by "a different network"? My assumption is it's just a flat network with WiFi.
Are you're plugging the PRO directly into the router or via other switches? If you plug the ethernet cable that isn't working for the PRO into a laptop/other device is it assigned an IP, and is that IP in the same range as your phone/tablet?

Back