Not streaming 24/192 using Optical cable

vipersl65

I connected the Wiim Mini using optical cable to Devialter Phantom I speaker. I enabled Direct Optical Mode in the Phantom I speaker
I configured Wiim Mini SPDIF quality to 24/192. It played the sample music in 24/192

Now I have Tidal HiFi Plus and Amazon Unlimited in my iphone which connects to Wiim mini wirelessly using the Wiim app. Wiim app updated the firmware to the latest.

When I select a Hi-Res song from Tidal or Ultra HD in Amazon, they do not stream in 24/192 but just 24/48.

Why? is there a setting or config I am missing? Both Tidal and Amazon are set to stream the highest possible settings

Here's what I found out after using Deezer, Qubuz, Tidal and Amazon(all set to the best settings). Im able to get 192khz on certain songs, even in the same album. So, that tells me its not my setup. All of the songs that hit 192khz are the ones that old people in this forum like . Those songs that predates my existence--which sucks as I like EDM, Hiphop and rap and they can only do 24/44

You can set the max possible sample rate on the WiiM's toslink but it doesn't mean that songs with lower one are going to be upsampled to the max. They will stay with their original sample rates.

Viper:

Had the same problem. It was my cable. I got it to work using a shorter cable.

I switched from a $160 1.5-metre AudioQuest TOSLINK to a $15 1.5-foot bargain TOSLINK. Must be the length.

Seems like your cable is ok as you said "it played the sample music in 24/192"
Maybe a silly question, but is the music you're playing actually more them 24/48 in the first place?
Amazon in particular defines anything higher than 16/44.1 as UHD :)
Did you enable amazon uhd in the wiim app device settings?
What happens if you play the same songs from within the wiim app?

Ok - I should have read more carefully before replying, I see you said you got it to work for some songs.
I'll blame it on my old age....

Your speaker didn’t support MQA

I got the toslink connect to my ifi xdsd gryphon which is MQA capable

Amazon in particular defines anything higher than 16/44.1 as UHD :)
Amazon define anything that’s 16bit as HD, and 24bit as UHD. Strictly speaking a 16/48 track is still just HD even though that’s higher than 16/44.1 ;)

Amazon define anything that’s 16bit as HD, and 24bit as UHD. Strictly speaking a 16/48 track is still just HD even though that’s higher than 16/44.1 ;)
Now you're just being pedantic ;)
Don't know that I've ever seen (heard) a 16/48 track, but then again I don't need ro see a high number or a blue light to just enjoy some music!

I connected the Wiim Mini using optical cable to Devialter Phantom I speaker. I enabled Direct Optical Mode in the Phantom I speaker
I configured Wiim Mini SPDIF quality to 24/192. It played the sample music in 24/192

Now I have Tidal HiFi Plus and Amazon Unlimited in my iphone which connects to Wiim mini wirelessly using the Wiim app. Wiim app updated the firmware to the latest.

When I select a Hi-Res song from Tidal or Ultra HD in Amazon, they do not stream in 24/192 but just 24/48.

Why? is there a setting or config I am missing? Both Tidal and Amazon are set to stream the highest possible settings
In my opinion,the 24/192 is basically useless unless you have hearing like an eagle..like I said.that’s what I believe..

If you’re using your iPhone to stream to the WiiM via airplay2 the bitrate and sampling rate is limited to 24/48. This is why you’re not seeing 24/192.

If you’re using your iPhone to stream to the WiiM via airplay2 the bitrate and sampling rate is limited to 24/48. This is why you’re not seeing 24/192.
Well how should we be streaming then?I use my iPhone/iPad to stream,but not through airplay! I use wiim mini app or Amazon.. thanks!

Back