Optical

ttwlr

Hi total new to this, I have wiim mini and I can't work out how I get the optical to work with my setup, I've been running alexa dot on my setup, but now have the WM, it works via audio out, but won't on switching to optical, the optical lead lights up, just getting nothing out my speakers,

What are you plugging the optical lead into? And apologies, have you taken the tiny plastic covers off the end of the optical cable?
Have you set the spdif output resolution under the audio settings in your mini’s device settings and successfully heard the test tone?

What are you plugging the optical lead into? And apologies, have you taken the tiny plastic covers off the end of the optical cable?
Have you set the spdif output resolution under the audio settings in your mini’s device settings and successfully heard the test tone?
Hi, I taken the caps off, it's plugged into a Tag F3 that's runs a on a Rotel Amp, I selected the optical in that app where it says audio out, optical and Bluetooth, I did the test and heard sound, but when running Spotify I get nothing, only get audio with audio out plugged in.

In that case, I'd try restarting if not a factory reset of the WiiM, and maybe another optical cable if you have one. It shouldn't matter to Spotify which output you're using

To the highest your external device can support without distortion. Start with 16/44.1, play the test tone, then change up thru the options. Hopefully you’ll get all the way to 24/96 or 24/192

To the highest your external device can support without distortion. Start with 16/44.1, play the test tone, then change up thru the options. Hopefully you’ll get all the way to 24/96 or 24/192
24/96 👍 great little device, sound out my speakers are amazing,
Can these be linked via Bluetooth to smart tv so sound plays out my big speakers? Just curious as see the Bluetooth option

Hi, I taken the caps off, it's plugged into a Tag F3 that's runs a on a Rotel Amp, I selected the optical in that app where it says audio out, optical and Bluetooth, I did the test and heard sound, but when running Spotify I get nothing, only get audio with audio out plugged in.

If it's the tag dac20 you need to switch inputs on it. I have the same dac

Back