Pink Noise

Smartplug

Major Contributor
I think it will be great if they incorporate a pink noise to get precise level between front speaker and sub. Calibrating it by ear is difficult to get a proper dial. I have spl meter which would be handy to use if pink noise is included.

I think it will be great if they incorporate a pink noise to get precise level between front speaker and sub. Calibrating it by ear is difficult to get a proper dial. I have spl meter which would be handy to use if pink noise is included.
Why not using a test tone CD or LP? Even the streaming services offer it.

generating this type of files and many others is very simple with the rew generator..
then stream...
between rew, multitones etc. we now have powerful free softwares with a number of impressive features.

Last edited:
there are lots of things available in streaming..
but the advantage with for example the rew gene is to perfectly master all the production parameters and in a very simple way.. ....
and it offers a very wide number of types of useful test signals....

there are lots of things available in streaming..
but the advantage with for example the rew gene is to perfectly master all the production parameters and in a very simple way.. ....
and it offers a very wide number of types of useful test signals....

There’s be no harm including the tones, as long as they’re not expensive to include.

There’s be no harm including the tones, as long as they’re not expensive to include.
from experience it is always preferable to know what we are using precisely..
ps, since the idea seems to be...
for the measurements of fr phase etc for several tens of years have favored rather the chirp mode...

in any case....
it can already be found in a few clicks...
on the other hand the enrichment of the peq mode would be of interest...

Back