Problem with upnp

faustocat

Hi everyody.
I use Kodi installed on an Android TV box as server.
The Wiim app recognises the source, sees all the folders and songs and metadatia (album, artist etc) but the play button is greyed out and i can't play anything.
Any idea?

I have the same problem with Kodi(Libreelec) server and i submit a ticket couple months ago and they say they will fix it, I'm still waiting.

I think that when it comes to upnp/dlna problems they go on the backburner and are forgotten. I have a small but annoying fault and have submitted at least 4 tickets for it and none have been closed. I deleted the older ones but still have one open. They were responded to initially but that is all and linked them but the newer ones were unlinked in the hope of a better response. My app of choice now is Bubble and is faultless.
Wayne.

Hi everyody.
I use Kodi installed on an Android TV box as server.
The Wiim app recognises the source, sees all the folders and songs and metadatia (album, artist etc) but the play button is greyed out and i can't play anything.
Any idea?

I have exactly the same problem. Kodi is installed on a Windows 10 PC.

I can see album images, but music is not playing.

Can’t you use BubbleUPNP on android or Mconnect on iOS as your client, with Kodi as the server and WiiM as upnp renderer?

I think where there are easily accessible workarounds, it’s not unreasonable for WiiM not to give a fix high priority

I try Bubbleupnp and Hificast app but can't play songs same like Wimm app,and i like to use Wiim app,if i use another app for streeaming i dont need Wiim mini or another linkplay device,i will play with Volumio on old android box or Libreelec...Daphile..the purpose of have Wiim mini and Arylic is to use with Wiim app, Bubble upnp is to confusing for me,Thanks anyway for suggestions.

I have a KODI 20 install on Windows 10 and the WHA is working fine - or as well as it does for any server.
If BubbleUPnP can't play from your KODI install then I'd imagine there's something seriously wrong as that works with just about everything, standards compliant or not.
Can provide some debug logs for comparison later if needed, but I'm just off out now.

In Windows i think is deferent because kodi work like program and streaming depends of Windows media player, firewall.....i have Libreelec OS (Linux based) and that's the problem,but i have 4 deferent streaming brands that working fine for years with Libreelec server.

Not all UPnP devices or servers use the same implementation of the UPnP protocol - it depends on the manufacturer and that is what makes it incredibly difficult to get them to properly talk to each other. There is no proper standard.

the purpose of have Wiim mini and Arylic is to use with Wiim app, Bubble upnp is to confusing for me,Thanks anyway for suggestions.
Yes, I have to agree - the WiiM app's UI is significantly better than BubbleUPnP's.

In Windows i think is deferent because kodi work like program and streaming depends of Windows media player, firewall.....i have Libreelec OS (Linux based) and that's the problem,but i have 4 deferent streaming brands that working fine for years with Libreelec server.
I don't think Windows media player comes into it, it's just a web server.

I just installed LibreElec onto a Pi4, uploaded some files and it worked fine with both the WiiM app and BubbleUPnP.

When browsing your files in BubbleUPnP you should be able to click the ellipsis on a song and select 'Show metadata'. It would be interesting to see what your curl output looked like for that file:
Bash:
curl -v "http://192.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXX/%25/1627407fd4e5dfe06a131a036eeff5d1/01.01.flac" --output 01.01.flac

Has anybody narrowed the problem down at all? You said Linux, what architecture do you have it installed on?

Last edited:
I don't think Windows media player comes into it, it's just a web server.

I just installed LibreElec onto a Pi4, uploaded some files and it worked fine with both the WiiM app and BubbleUPnP.

When browsing your files in BubbleUPnP you should be able to click the ellipsis on a song and select 'Show metadata'. It would be interesting to see what your curl output looked like for that file:
Bash:
curl -v "http://192.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXX/%25/1627407fd4e5dfe06a131a036eeff5d1/01.01.flac" --output 01.01.flac

Has anybody narrowed the problem down at all? You said Linux, what architecture do you have it installed on?
I have Libreelec install on mini pc(generic version) on Gigabyte brix,but also im try with android box with kodi app,i have a couple device with linkplay a31 maybe more than 5 years and no one can play from Libreelec server but all another brand streamer working like it should,strange things is that from 1000 folders one albums can play.

Have you posted on the Libreelec forums?

There are some REALLY obscure bugs in the WiiM, I eventually figured one out last week - after having supplied WiiM with files to recreate the bug...which they said worked fine for them. It might be worth producing a trace log of the album that worked with one that doesn't in BubbleUPnP, given the WiiM is just a black box. Instructions for that are here.

I fed WiiM the bug on a plate and they've yet to respond, so if they can't easily recreate the problem then you've got no chance. It does seem very odd that BubbleUPnP is having problems too though, I was hoping to have the same problem this end.

The curl output would be useful too.

I think Bubble upnp and Wiim app don't have problem,i think Wiim mini and all linkplay have problem because Bubbleupnp and Wiim app send same address to the mini but mini don't recognize like it should,i send ticket to Wiim suport after i try to play i file to detect the problem.Wiim mini play the songs if i enable ffmpeg in Bubble upnp app and also if i play from Samba server in Bubble upnp app,but i want to use Wimm app,Thanks for support 👍.

Last edited:
If i put first link that can't play in Wiim in my browser adress of my phone i can play without problem.

Do you have multiple paths defined in your music library?
My urls consistently look like your second one http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx/%25, but the first just has %

I really don't know more than this for upnp servers,i try to diagnose where problems is with trying deferent things,i have one hard disk with Openelec install,my audio files are from different places,some are my rip cd,some is downloaded,i try also Libreelec night builds but i don't have success with none of them,i only know that can't play just with linkplay device, maybe in the future with Smb support i will no have this problem.

Given you said only one album plays (and given how convoluted the bug I found was) I would try renaming one of the flac files that does play to *.bak, then copy over a flac file that doesn't play to the location of the "playing album", naming the new file the same as the old (without .bak obviously), and then re-scanning to see what happens. If this doesn't play, then maybe run both files through mediainfo to see if there's anything strange going on with the encoding, otherwise...

Last edited:
Back