Problem with upnp

Hahahahah...:) ,I think it's correct Wiim to fix this because when another brand streamer don't have this problem for sure Wiim can handle this especially now when they have on the plate.Maybe if they fix it they will spread the fix to another brands that use linkplay modul,Arylic,Ayino,wr320...
If you're running Kodi/LibreELEC etc, can't you use a KODI app and cast to UPnP speakers? I would have thought that most people using it are doing so for its scraping abilities, and probably aren't using it as a vanilla UPnP source.

Yes,you can use Yatse app to control every upnp renderer and if i use via samba server share in Yatse i can play to linkplay device with no problem,but i prefer Wiim app because i have 6 Linkplay device in my home and is easier to control them in one window.

Last edited:
BubbleUPnP Server is software that adds functionality and compatibility to existing UPnP devices. Primarily it's used to turn standard UPnP renderers (like the WiiM) into OpenHome renderers so that playlists are held on the renderer (actually on BubbleUPnP server) rather than the control point (the WiiM app). This means that your phone is no longer responsible for advancing the queue, and also that you can share the queue amongst other devices/apps.

The good:
If you use BubbleUPnP Server to proxy your LibreELEC instance then you can keep your library as is, because BubbleUPnP uses a different naming URL scheme (akin to AssetUPnP) so you won't have the %2520 problem. Instead of choosing 'LibreELEC' in the WiiM app you'd choose 'LibreELEC [proxy]'.

The not so good:
WiiM seems to only pick up the BubbleUPnP proxy the instant it's enabled through the BubbleUPnP configuration page, so I have to open the WiiM app and browse to Home Music Servers, then go to the BubbleUPnP config page, disable and then enable the proxy! My other control points pick it up instantly. Not sure who's at fault for this, although if I had to put my money on it ;)

Hi Team,

I have great news to share. We fixed the UPnP issue with the Kodi/LibreELEC server. It involves firmware and App changes. We'll release the Beta test firmware within the next two days and hope to make the official release by the end of April. Please stay tuned! Thank you very much for your patience.

@WiiM Support ,

I'd be very interested to know if you've fixed it for just the WHA or for third party control points too.
Assuming you've also fixed it for third party control points, I'd LOVE you to test a track called '01 - Back In The U.S.S.R..flac' (from The Beatles) through a third party control point. If this scenario works then you may have fixed the "MinimServer" (any server that exposes the actual filename) issue too.

How do you become a beta tester?

@WiiM Support ,

Send them a request using the feedback section in the app, and agree to send your device log - that’ll contain your device MAC address that they’ll need to put you on the beta firmware whitelist. Not aware they have a beta test route for the app though

@WiiM Support ,

I'd be very interested to know if you've fixed it for just the WHA or for third party control points too.
Assuming you've also fixed it for third party control points, I'd LOVE you to test a track called '01 - Back In The U.S.S.R..flac' (from The Beatles) through a third party control point. If this scenario works then you may have fixed the "MinimServer" (any server that exposes the actual filename) issue too.
I’ve just played that fine using BubbleUPNP and MinimServer…

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-111525_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230423-111525_Original.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230423-111608_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230423-111608_Original.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230423-111636_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230423-111636_Original.png
    224 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7891.png
    IMG_7891.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I’ve just played that fine using BubbleUPNP and MinimServer…
On the Now Playing screen, if you click the vertical ellipsis and choose 'Show metadata' what does Stream #1 look like? I assume you're either transcoding or your filename doesn't end in 'Back In The U.S.S.R..flac'

On the Now Playing screen, if you click the vertical ellipsis and choose 'Show metadata' what does Stream #1 look like? I assume you're either transcoding or your filename doesn't end in 'Back In The U.S.S.R..flac'
No, you’re right, I tag my files track# - title - artist.filetype, so that must be it.

Do you have any artists with periods in the last few characters e.g. R.E.M., Sammy Davis Jr., The Notorious B.I.G., Run‐D.M.C.?

In foobar the check I used was:
Code:
"$strstr($right(%artist%,3),'.')" GREATER 0 AND "$strstr($right(%artist%,3),' ')" EQUAL 0

Do you have any artists with periods in the last few characters e.g. R.E.M., Sammy Davis Jr., The Notorious B.I.G., Run‐D.M.C.?

In foobar the check I used was:
Code:
"$strstr($right(%artist%,3),'.')" GREATER 0 AND "$strstr($right(%artist%,3),' ')" EQUAL 0
Yeah - and they fail ‘Invalid Mime Type/ file not found’ :(

I’ll keep an eye out in the new version when it’s released…

Yeah - and they fail ‘Invalid Mime Type/ file not found’ :(

I’ll keep an eye out in the new version when it’s released…
Yes, it's related to the escape handling for the special characters, such as space in the URL names on some media servers.

Yes, it's related to the escape handling for the special characters, such as space in the URL names on some media servers.
As you may or may not know, the period is only a problem if it's in the last few characters of the filename (anywhere else it's fine), so it's nothing to do with escape handling of special characters.
Does the 'Yes' in your reply mean that this is being addressed with the space fix? That would be great!

Last edited:
@WiiM Support ,

Hi Simbun,

Great question. The fix is for both WHA and third-party control Apps such as bubbleupnp etc.

Please send us feedback from the WHA, and we'll whitelist your device so you can test it with third-party control Apps first. To test it with WHA, we need to wait for a few more days until we publish the new App to AppStore or Play Store. Thank you!

Everything works with Kodi Libreelec server,Thanks 👍
That's great news.

I haven't had the update yet (is there any way to know you're in the beta program?) so is there any chance you could test with a file that has a period in the last 3 characters of its filename? I don't know how your files are tagged, but just adding 'ab.cd' before the file extention (filename1ab.cd.flac) then rescanning should be enough.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it would need to be with an external control point (BubbleUPnP e.t.c.) as the WHA already works. If it's too much trouble don't worry.

Last edited:
That's great news.

I haven't had the update yet (is there any way to know you're in the beta program?) so is there any chance you could test with a file that has a period in the last 3 characters of its filename? I don't know how your files are tagged, but just adding 'ab.cd' before the file extention (filename1ab.cd.flac) then rescanning should be enough.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it would need to be with an external control point (BubbleUPnP e.t.c.) as the WHA already works. If it's too much trouble don't worry.
Hi Simbun,

Which device do you have, WiiM Mini or Pro? For the WiiM Mini, you should receive the update shortly. Thank you!

That's great news.

I’ve got it on my WiiM Mini and unfortunately it still doesn’t work using BubbleUPNP playing my R.E.M. tracks :(

I’ll submit a ticket…

I’ve got it on my WiiM Mini and unfortunately it still doesn’t work using BubbleUPNP playing my R.E.M. tracks :(

I’ll submit a ticket…
Thanks for testing.
WiiM seemed to struggle to test this scenario with MinimServer so I thought it might be easier to raise it against KODI as they've just been working/testing with it.

Back