Problem with upnp

I’ve got it on my WiiM Mini and unfortunately it still doesn’t work using BubbleUPNP playing my R.E.M. tracks :(

I’ll submit a ticket…
Hi Brantome,

Our engineers are looking at your log. Meanwhile, can you try the KODI instead of MinimServer? I appreciate your help!

Hi Brantome,

Our engineers are looking at your log. Meanwhile, can you try the KODI instead of MinimServer? I appreciate your help!
I don't have Kodi (I do have an aversion to it given its often nefarious use ;) ), but I'll see if I can set up an instance and try it...

Hi Brantome,

Don't worry if you don't have one. Thank you!
Quickly installed Kodi on my PC pointing to the same folder as Minimserver and still getting the Invalid Mime Type error when using BubbleUPNP to WiiM with file names of the type nn - name - R.E.M..flac (note the double period before 'flac') . Ticket number #10954 raised. Cheers...

I don't have Kodi (I do have an aversion to it given its often nefarious use ;) ), but I'll see if I can set up an instance and try it...
KODI is fine, it's just the dodgy addons you need to steer clear of.
I use Sandboxie Plus (a lightweight software sandbox) so I can install all the software I want without affecting my main windows install.

KODI is fine, it's just the dodgy addons you need to steer clear of.
I use Sandboxie Plus (a lightweight software sandbox) so I can install all the software I want without affecting my main windows install.
Yeah, my experience of it is a bit jaundiced I admit given I tend to see it raising its head on fire tv and related forums where I'd bet a lot of use is down to the dodgy addons. And it's years since I used Sandboxie - good to see it's still going

And it's years since I used Sandboxie - good to see it's still going
Since Sophos made it open source, Sandboxie Plus has gone from strength to strength under its new developer.
I find that most Windows problems (especially update related) are due to third party software (typically antivirus), so I now just have the basic apps installed into Windows and the rest into Sandboxie. Works a treat!

That's great news.

I haven't had the update yet (is there any way to know you're in the beta program?) so is there any chance you could test with a file that has a period in the last 3 characters of its filename? I don't know how your files are tagged, but just adding 'ab.cd' before the file extention (filename1ab.cd.flac) then rescanning should be enough.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it would need to be with an external control point (BubbleUPnP e.t.c.) as the WHA already works. If it's too much trouble don't worry.
Hi ,I,m not on beta, it's not problem to test everything but I'm ar work now and when i will be home i will try to rename the file and rescan and try with Bubbleupnp.

Hi ,I,m not on beta, it's not problem to test everything but I'm ar work now and when i will be home i will try to rename the file and rescan and try with Bubbleupnp.
Thanks for the offer viktor but @Brantome installed KODI and tested it for me so we know it's still a problem (as expected).

Whether it affects you depends on your naming conventions really, for me nothing works as I name my files %discnumber%.%tracknumber% but if I'd used %tracknumber% - %title% it would have affected ~100 tracks.

Thanks for the offer viktor but @Brantome installed KODI and tested it for me so we know it's still a problem (as expected).

Whether it affects you depends on your naming conventions really, for me nothing works as I name my files %discnumber%.%tracknumber% but if I'd used %tracknumber% - %title% it would have affected ~100 tracks.
Hi Simbun, Brantome,

Based on our tests, we have fixed the "." on the file name that caused the MIME type error before in our latest firmware. Can you please help try and see if it works for you? I hope we fixed all the remaining UPnP-related issues. Thank you!

I'm really grateful that you fix the Kodi server problem and i wanna ask you if any chance to spread this firmware at least to Arylic for a31 boards,in that scenario all other 6 device that i have will work because i installed successfully Arylic firmware in them,or some independent firmware for a31 device?Thank you.

Hi Simbun, Brantome,

Based on our tests, we have fixed the "." on the file name that caused the MIME type error before in our latest firmware. Can you please help try and see if it works for you? I hope we fixed all the remaining UPnP-related issues. Thank you!
I would love to help but I'm still stuck on firmware 4.8.512355 (20230330).
I did provide feedback in the app stating that I'd like to be a beta tester, but I haven't heard anything.
The Pro is connected over ethernet and is left on most of the time so I'm not sure why I'm seeing a delay.

Hi Simbun, Brantome,

Unfortunately not fixed for me using Minimserver and Bubblecast sending to my Pro on firmware 4.4.515159— same mimetype/ file not found error.

This area needs serious work and testing
At minimum the WiiMs should support proper gapless playback and not a “nearly” gapless alternative and should be able to properly read track listings from all of the main UPnP servers. I can’t imagine for one second that the Pro will achieve Roon Ready status if it can’t properly handle gapless playback?
Roon is a minuscule player in the market when compared to the total of other media server users.

Unfortunately not fixed for me using Minimserver and Bubblecast sending to my Pro on firmware 4.4.515159— same mimetype/ file not found error.
@Brantome , given you seem to have a hotline to @WiiM Support it might be worth you replicating the bug they introduced in the WHA a couple of releases ago.
If an album has disc subtitles MinimServer displays that title in the track listing (some control points can use it to play a subset of tracks from an album), and the existence of this in the xml causes the WHA to crash.
I think this functionality is only available with a MinimServer license, if you have one the easiest way to replicate it (without having to modify tags) is by setting 'serverOptions: showAllDiscs=true', this tells MinimServer to label each disc for multi-disc albums. After a restart, simply browse to a multi-disc album and you should see it crash. I'm hoping that if you subsequently send feedback it'll include any crash dumps.

If you don't have a MinimServer license then I guess we'll wait to see what happens once they fix the track ordering problem again, as this may go away at that point.

Thanks

Back