Qoubuz and Tidal login failed

odessa

Hallo,

I can't login in Tidal and Qobuz in my wiim pro. After correct login and password It gives an errore - login failed.
At the same time I have wiim mini registered in the same network and app, and there is all correct. No problem with login in both services. Is my Pro somehow defective?
Both wiim has last firmware.
Also if it try tidal connect from the native app, mini works, but pro not connecting.
Yes I did factory reset few times.. no luck.
Please help.

Last edited:
Solution
I had this same issue. Turned out that the Preferred DNS server setting was gumming things up. Go to Network Status in your device settings and switch 'Preferred DNS server' to off. You may need to reset everything afterward.
Yes, chromcast works well.. but I don't like how it sound in compare to Upnp protocol. Way better ).. but is not the topic.
I don't have spotify, can't check.

Last edited:
Is the pro new, or has this worked on the pro before?
Pro wired, or wireless?
Played around with the network settings in the wiim app, such as dns server, ipv6 etc.?
As chromecasting works (presumably you meant qobuz chromecast), it means there must be an internet connection!

Yes, Pro is new (from Amazon)
Wireless connected
I did not changed anything.. as for mini, which work without problem.
Yes, chromcast from qobuz, YT music, upnnp, radio.. all works, no problem with internet.
But can not login in tidal and qobuz, and cant connect trough tidal connect (
I am going to send it back to Amazon and replace with a new one.. a very strange problem.

Maybe as a sanity check, what about trying something like bubbleupnp to log on to Tidal and rendering to wiim pro to see if that works.
.. yes, it works, no problem to render from bubbleupnp. All works, but not logins in Wiim home app (

I tried to login to Qobuz on a Pixel 5 yesterday and kept receiving the login failure notification, even after selecting the back button. I keep an old Pixel 3 charged and available for other things so I installed WiiM Home and tried logging in through that device and it worked...I then forced stopped the WiiM Home app on the Pixel 5, cleared the cache and for some reason was able to successfully launch the Qobuz app without entering credentials.

Note, according to a FAQ Article this was supposedly addressed via the latest firmware (which I confirmed that my device had in spite of the issue). Something to try perhaps if you have another device available.

Yes, Pro is new (from Amazon)
Wireless connected
I did not changed anything.. as for mini, which work without problem.
Yes, chromcast from qobuz, YT music, upnnp, radio.. all works, no problem with internet.
But can not login in tidal and qobuz, and cant connect trough tidal connect (
I am going to send it back to Amazon and replace with a new one.. a very strange problem.
Hi, can you hang onto the device while we figure it out? Please submit a ticket to us so we can see what's happening. It's probably not due to the device so you don't need to return it. To submit a ticket go to the app > settings (bottom right) > feedback > describe the issue and submit it and our team will review it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I had this same issue. Turned out that the Preferred DNS server setting was gumming things up. Go to Network Status in your device settings and switch 'Preferred DNS server' to off. You may need to reset everything afterward.

Solution
Thanks for reply.. I can try it.
Just wonder, why mini works without any problem with the exact same envirement. I have them both in the same wiim app and network registered.

Well.. IT WORK!!! Thank you so much.
Just one stupid thing )))
Somehow mini is not affected. But pro was. With DNS off, all works as it should.
Thank you!

---- SOLVED ----

Back