quality difference

Pablihifi

Testing different reproductions. the same album on Qobuz and streaming to wiim, and directly from wiim (synchronized with qobuz). The difference in quality is exaggerated, I believed that the AirPlay protocol transmitted at better quality.

We're not talking about the quality of Spotify anymore...IMG_5093.jpgIMG_5092.jpgIMG_5091.jpg

Do you mean that you preferred the sound you heard via Airplay 2?
Did you compare the whole album as the two tracks you show are not the same, so could have been recorded differently? Just asking, because at the end of the day, only your ears count

Do you mean that you preferred the sound you heard via Airplay 2?
Did you compare the whole album as the two tracks you show are not the same, so could have been recorded differently? Just asking, because at the end of the day, only your ears count
good morning. not the other way around, the quality is incredibly better if played from the wiim Home app.

good morning. not the other way around, the quality is incredibly better if played from the wiim Home app.
The WiiM Home app will play up to 24/192 hi res, while airplay from the Qobuz app is limited to CD quality at best.

If you have a Pro, Pro Plus or Amp and use ChromeCast from the Qobuz app, you’ll get up to 24/96.

Hopefully once Qobuz Connect comes along, the Qobuz app will be able to cast up to 24/192 like the WiiM Home app

The WiiM Home app will play up to 24/192 hi res, while airplay from the Qobuz app is limited to CD quality at best.

If you have a Pro, Pro Plus or Amp and use ChromeCast from the Qobuz app, you’ll get up to 24/96.

Hopefully once Qobuz Connect comes along, the Qobuz app will be able to cast up to 24/192 like the WiiM Home app
If using ChromeCast from the Qobuz app, will it be gapless playback?

You should NOT hear such exaggerated differences in sound qualitity. There must be other reasons for your bad sound experience. Differences between CD quality and Hi-Res-Audio are non-audible for the most people!

There seem to be a few translation issues, but I think the initial comparison was vs airplay and wiim app, and airplay lost.
Quite possible that airplay was a lossy, low quality stream.

You should NOT hear such exaggerated differences in sound qualitity. There must be other reasons for your bad sound experience. Differences between CD quality and Hi-Res-Audio are non-audible for the most people!
Maybe the OP isn’t one of the “most people” who can’t hear it, or there’s maybe a degree of unconscious confirmation bias. And if they can hear a difference and are happy about that, then who are we to say they can’t or that there’s an issue with their setup?

I didn't want to offend you, Brantome. But the OP wrote "exaggerated" differences. In my opinion differences should be very subtle, if one can hear them.

What I want to say: In a system comparison (CD vs. Hi-Res-Audio) the audible differences should be very small. I don't doubt that the OP hears differences! But these could also be due to the test setup. Especially since he/she describes them as extremely noticeable.

Last edited:
I didn't want to offend you, Brantome. But the OP wrote "exaggerated" differences. In my opinion differences should be very subtle, if one can hear them.

What I want to say: In a system comparison (CD vs. Hi-Res-Audio) the audible differences should be very small. I don't doubt that the OP hears differences! But these could also be due to the test setup. Especially since he/she describes them as extremely noticeable.
I stand by what I said, exaggerated differences. If we consider this continuous search for the purest sound as exaggerated.

I stand by what I said, exaggerated differences. If we consider this continuous search for the purest sound as exaggerated.
It's entirely subjective though - something that one person feels is exaggerated might be subtle or not noticed by another. We all have different kit, rooms, ears and brains... ;)

It's entirely subjective though - something that one person feels is exaggerated might be subtle or not noticed by another. We all have different kit, rooms, ears and brains... ;)
We are not normal people…If we were , we would be buying a Sonos or two or more 😃

Last edited:
Back